Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's like CRACK, you just gotta have it!!!

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:09 AM
  • 37 Replies
1 mom liked this

My husband takes ambien because he has Insomnia. He has always tried to get me to try one. I say hell no I don't want to be dependant on that craop to sleep.I have never ever in my life had a problem going to sleep or staying asleep.

Buuuuuut he started a 12 hr graveyard shift recently and I am up all night. No matter what I do, how hard I try I can't fall asleep till like 4 or 5am. And the only reason I do is because he gets off at 6AM, so I know he'll be home soon. I hate that I take them, but I have to sleep so I can get up at the time I need to, to start my day.

Ugh...ok my rant is over. Thanks for reading!

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashellbell
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:10 AM
Try melatonin or a drink called neuro sleep.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Yea that stuff doesn't work the same for everyone. I did all kinds of weird stuff on it. One night my SO found me sitting on the stairs eating cereal and another time I was on the toilet with my bottoms still on. I also tended to cackle like a crazy woman when spoke to.

kzuehlk
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I hate ambien. It makes me do some crazy shit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:12 AM
I can't take sleeping pills. Even half of one makes me feel like I'm crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VannaMae307
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Melatonin is more natural with less side effect. Ambien turns me into a zombie. I crave milk when I'm on it....I have literally walked into my kitchen and drank 1/2 gallon of milk while hypnotized by ambien
Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:14 AM
Try something natural and non-habit forming. They gave it to me in the hospital when I had my second son and I felt fine for the first hour (still wasn't tired right away) and when I got up, I instantly felt high. DH helped me brush my teeth and when I dropped my tooth brush, I started laughing hysterically and put my ear down to the counter and told him it was talking to me.
WannaBeMom2013
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Never ever fight the sleep on that shit. I made that mistake once... I felt like I was in college again and experimenting with drugs. It was crazy. CRAZY.

Sorry to hear about that though :( That sucks! DH and I are only going to be seeing each other 4 hours or so most days of the week :/ Good luck darling!

Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Haha, this was me. I stayed up for an hour on it because I didn't feel sleepy yet and had never taken it before and I felt high as a kite.

Quoting WannaBeMom2013:

Never ever fight the sleep on that shit. I made that mistake once... I felt like I was in college again and experimenting with drugs. It was crazy. CRAZY.

Sorry to hear about that though :( That sucks! DH and I are only going to be seeing each other 4 hours or so most days of the week :/ Good luck darling!

crazii_gorgeous
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:20 AM

Yes I have heard some crazy stories. It isn't suppose to be habbit forming and it's technically not a sleeping pill. It is suppose to help you stay asleep once you fall asleep......I call BULLSHIT!! This mess knocks me out at any second after I have taken it, so I better be in bed and not get up!!! LoL

Sarafinn2012
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:21 AM

I almost want to try them. The last couple weeks have been horrible. I can't get to sleep, I can't stay asleep. I am up looking at the clock thinnking "5 more hours...4 more hours....3 more hours...I'm thirsty....I gotta pee......." I have taken like Tylenol PM a couple times but they don't help me fall asleep, they help me stay sleeping but I'm like a zombie the next day. I may have to try melatonin since i"ve heard so much about it lately. This insomnia (I guess I never thought of it that way until JUST NOW) is killing me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN