Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's like CRACK, you just gotta have it!!!

My husband takes ambien because he has Insomnia. He has always tried to get me to try one. I say hell no I don't want to be dependant on that craop to sleep.I have never ever in my life had a problem going to sleep or staying asleep.

Buuuuuut he started a 12 hr graveyard shift recently and I am up all night. No matter what I do, how hard I try I can't fall asleep till like 4 or 5am. And the only reason I do is because he gets off at 6AM, so I know he'll be home soon. I hate that I take them, but I have to sleep so I can get up at the time I need to, to start my day.

Ugh...ok my rant is over. Thanks for reading!

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Replies (31-37):
KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:44 AM

I know a woman who shaved have of her hair off on that crap! No thank you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:44 AM

Good:)

Quoting Sunshine257:

No I stopped taking it years ago.

Quoting Anonymous:

WHAT THE HELL!?! WITH ALL THE STUFF YOU HEAR ON THE NEWS ABOUT THIS SHIT....Y'ALL CRAZY ASSES IS STILL SUCKIN' IT UP....JAGGED LITTLE PILL!!....SMH!!

Quoting Sunshine257:

Make sure after you take them you go to bed. I have hallucinated on the before because I stayed Awake.

chikaboombeads
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:46 AM

Oh gosh...insomnia sucks!  When did he start the graveyard shift?  Your body may just take a little longer to adapt to his new schedule.  When something is "different" or when I know I have to wake up extra early my sleep is crap. 

Ambien makes me do some crazy ass shit!  I took some and didn't go right to bed and proceeded to paint my son's closet door (he was spending the night at my mom's house) and then I got the BRILLIANT idea to cut up my jeans and use it to texturize the paint job.  Not cool.  Oh, I also gave myself a haircut...I will never live that one down!  

Having said that, the worst part of Ambien was the rebound insomnia (the first few days after discontinuing Ambien it is almost impossible to fall asleep naturally).  

TGOLD1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Wow, now that is crazy!

Quoting KennyPooPoo22:

I know a woman who shaved have of her hair off on that crap! No thank you!

crazii_gorgeous
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:48 AM

He's been on graves since Jan.

Quoting chikaboombeads:

Oh gosh...insomnia sucks!  When did he start the graveyard shift?  Your body may just take a little longer to adapt to his new schedule.  When something is "different" or when I know I have to wake up extra early my sleep is crap. 

Ambien makes me do some crazy ass shit!  I took some and didn't go right to bed and proceeded to paint my son's closet door (he was spending the night at my mom's house) and then I got the BRILLIANT idea to cut up my jeans and use it to texturize the paint job.  Not cool.  Oh, I also gave myself a haircut...I will never live that one down!  

Having said that, the worst part of Ambien was the rebound insomnia (the first few days after discontinuing Ambien it is almost impossible to fall asleep naturally).  

PinaiAngelPai15
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Wow.  I'm glad I never experienced anything like that when I was on it.  I was just up on CM for five hours cuz I couldn't sleep, which is pretty much what I do anyways.  After reading all these 'ambien horror stories' makes me glad I know it doesn't work and docs won't have to feel the need to give it to me again.

Quoting ashellbell:

Neuro sleep works like a charm for me. One of the few things that does. They put me on ambien and I woke up 2 miles down the road in my car. Scary as hell.

Quoting PinaiAngelPai15:

I love neuro sleep.  I have terrible insomnia, always have every since I was really young.  Doc gave me ambien once to help me sleep.  Said I should be asleep in about an hour.  I was up for another five hours.  I've tried all different kinds of prescription sleep medications.  None worked.  I once tried an OTC sleep aid.  They weren't working so I kept taking more.  I took way more than someone should.  Still didn't work.  Neuro sleep... I drink the whole bottle and I'm out in about an hour and sleep fantastically.  It's the only thing I've found that works for me.

We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough religion to make us love one another. ~~ Jonathan Swift

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:38 AM
I <3 my ambien
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)