Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What could go wrong?

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:38 AM
  • 5 Replies

Meet Gary Slowpoke XXX (insert last name).  The newest member of our family.  DS has been begging me for a dog for about a year so today, when he showed up with this, I was actually kind of happy.  

Also, I need to have a serious talk with my dad (grandpa) about the stuff he lets my ds bring home.  About a month ago they caught a salamander...  Who escaped somewhere in my parents house LMFAO.  

Right now Gary Slowpoke lives in a shoe box with suran wrap covering the top of it and holes poked into it.

Quick tell me what I need to know, anyone ever have a pet snail?  I am planning on buying a thing like a fish tank or something.  I read on line that they can live up to 15 years.  

You know you want it

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JessT5280
by MileHigh Mom on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I have no idea .. We had stickbugs and turantulas growing up. The snails stayed in the garden. My best advice, watch where you step if Gary escapes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3_girls_86
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:45 AM
anything with water. make sure he doesnt get out. good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xtina8817
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:47 AM

I heard they love salt...

Ayshren
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:48 AM

I have no clue! lol

Sarafinn2012
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Google says snails are herbivores and eat "decaying fruits/veggies/plants" and if they have nothing else, they will eat the dirt. They like it "humid" and are most active then. So if you put him in a glass fish tank, make sure to spritz him with a water bottle on a regular basis. It is not a bad idea to keep him close to a window, or use a UV lamp for up to 12 hours a day. Put little left overs like lettuce, tomatoes, strawberries, beans, peas, bananas, etc in the tank with him but make sure to clean them up after a few days so they don't decay (it will stink). Make his aquarium like a garden with dirt and some live plants if possible. Sounds like a good pet, with....minimal care....all things considered. :) I don't think much could go wrong, except him not surviving being a wild animal...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)