Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"What's his/her diagnosis?"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies
1 mom liked this

Is the casual conversation of the future.

Not "how is he/she doing in school?," or "what sports/activities is he/she in?"

Now that every child has a disorder, disease, or disability, the new status symbol among parents is a diagnosis.

I propose we develop a points system. The more trendy and/or tragic your kid's diagnosis is, the more points you start off with.

Additional points are accumulated as you "advocate" for their diagnosis, acquire additional diagnoses, change school policies to fit your kid's diagnosis even though you could easily make changes instead, and manage to coerce others to mould their lives around your kid's problems.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:57 AM

=^..^=

DieselsMom
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:59 AM

LOL....RIGHT!!

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:00 AM
8 moms liked this
Youre fucking disgusting. Try working with an amazing child whos life expepctancy is 10 years and hes 11. Or better yet try being that boys mother. I bet youd be really thrilled with some "points".
Do u actually believe moms want their kids to not grow and have a typical life? Or admit that their perfect baby has something different? Delete this filth please
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I can't be sure, but I thought OP was referring to mental/psychological disorders, not medical. :-/ just what I first thought when I read it.

Quoting svolkov:

Youre fucking disgusting. Try working with an amazing child whos life expepctancy is 10 years and hes 11. Or better yet try being that boys mother. I bet youd be really thrilled with some "points".

Do u actually believe moms want their kids to not grow and have a typical life? Or admit that their perfect baby has something different? Delete this filth please

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:06 AM

Medical and physical things like allergies and other crap like that that moms "advocate" about. Not deadly diseases like cancer or things like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't be sure, but I thought OP was referring to mental/psychological disorders, not medical. :-/ just what I first thought when I read it.

Quoting svolkov:

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:07 AM
It's sad but so often when I meet new parents they introduce their child like "This is *name*. He has * insert random diagnosis such as ADD, ADHD, etc. here*" It almost seems like they are proud to he part of those parents who have a "special needs" child and that is something you should know because their child has his very own lable. The trend seems to be that if your child has not been diagnosed with something, he isn't "normal."
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Val99
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:09 AM

I think I'll stick with my gifted, healthy kids.  Thanks though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is the casual conversation of the future.

Not "how is he/she doing in school?," or "what sports/activities is he/she in?"

Now that every child has a disorder, disease, or disability, the new status symbol among parents is a diagnosis.

I propose we develop a points system. The more trendy and/or tragic your kid's diagnosis is, the more points you start off with.

Additional points are accumulated as you "advocate" for their diagnosis, acquire additional diagnoses, change school policies to fit your kid's diagnosis even though you could easily make changes instead, and manage to coerce others to mould their lives around your kid's problems.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:09 AM
One of my kids has multiple diagnoses. One has no diagnosis and I see no need for her to have a single one. I'm happy she doesn't have any because I'm not so sure I could handle 2 kids like this!
chikaboombeads
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:09 AM

Are there really parents out there that flaunt their kids disorder?  A point system? A status symbol? What the hell?  

I would walk through fire, I would give my life right now to not have two boys with Cystic Fibrosis! No, that is not me flaunting it...I am just aghast that there are families out there that can derive any sort of pleasure from their child's suffering!!!  If anything, I have lost friends and become more withdrawn from society because it is so difficult to talk about.  

This just makes me mad...makes me want to bitch slap ANY parent that would smugly say "well, my son has ******* disorder"  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:09 AM
3 moms liked this
My DD is autistic, I'd trade everything to take her struggles from her. You can keep your points.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured