Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

well, so much for... **edit for those who were wondering**

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:16 AM
  • 59 Replies

...our friendship. My 'best friend' just got married. I didn't get a phone call, text, or email. I didn't get invited. She says I am like a sister to her, our daughters are like sisters, but I find out she got married via Facebook ten minutes ago.

I am pissed. And eating ice cream now.

Eta: it wasn't an elopement. her Mom posted reception pics on her Facebook- which is how I found out. All of her other friends are there.

EDIT: So, just got off of the phone with "bestie." We will no longer be friends. Her reason for not telling me or inviting me at all to her wedding was that her friends and family would not be "comfortable" having a person of color coming to their wedding, much less a woman of color married to a white man. She said she agrees with them. The woman who was in my wedding to the white man, agrees that it would have made her uncomfortable.

That's right folks, having a Mexican American woman and her white husband makes people uncomfy. Whatever works for them.

I don't even identify as "Mexican American." I am, simply, an American. My heritage just happens to be mexican, and I am proud of that. I was born and raised in Colorado. I got both of my degrees in Colorado. I am just a normal, average, everyday American - working hard for her future and the future of her progeny. What utter and complete bullshit.

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marihla
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:17 AM
2 moms liked this

WHATTTA BITCH. I would punch her in the cunt.

Val99
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Ouch!  That sounds painful!

Quoting marihla:

WHATTTA BITCH. I would punch her in the cunt.

Omd12
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:18 AM
Did they elope?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teal_phoenix
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:19 AM

oh...I am so sorry:(

This is a pig out on icecream moment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:19 AM

and maybe she just had a private wedding? or just went to the court house? If you are really best friends then you would be more understanding...etc....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:19 AM
Maybe they didn't invite anyone.
Kirsten3
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:21 AM
That is messed up. Even If They eloped, she could of called u. I would confront her
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KennyPooPoo22
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:22 AM

I got a text from my BFF. No biggie to me though, it wasn't a big deal. We have been beasties for 15 years now.

jesistar6910
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:25 AM
See edit.

Quoting Anonymous:

and maybe she just had a private wedding? or just went to the court house? If you are really best friends then you would be more understanding...etc....

Dreamly
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:27 AM
Yikes
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)