Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

40 year old mom would rather play house with 21 y/o bf instead of be a mother to her 21 y/o dd...

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:17 AM
  • 50 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you get along with your parents...?

Options:

Absolutely !

I tolerate them...

Heck no !

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 67

View Results

Now I know not many people are in my situation....but can anyone relate on the fact that they have parents who can't get it right? Can't be a mother / father ? They seem more comfy with the idea that you are an enemy than a their child? 

I mean not everyone has this corny perfect relationship with their parents right...?

blank stare

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:18 AM
6 moms liked this
Youre not a child anymore. Let your mom have a life.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a perfect relationship with my papa, but my mom......that's a totally different story all together!!! yish!!!

Lillymygirl
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:21 AM
1 mom liked this

whats wrong with your parents?

anonymous12308
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:22 AM
My mother chose drugs over me and my sisters when I was 3. She chose to try to be a friend instead of a mother. I no longer talk to her. To me it's no different than a guy taking off planting the seed or giving birth does not make you a real mother or father alone, you have to actually take care of them as well. Sorry tired I had in my head what I wanted to say then forgot lol.
Dreamly
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:22 AM
You're an adult who cares if mom is living her life now
saralovely129
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:23 AM

Quit it! The woman hasn't spoken to me in 2 years and hasn't met her grandchildren... I lived with my father a lot as well so the woman CAN live her life and has.

ashellbell
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:23 AM
1 mom liked this
You're 21. Shut up.
Sammybby09
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I get along with my mom now. But it wasn't always like that. For a while she would go through bfs like crazy and she would always put them ahead of me. Even though that I'm 21 now, I know that I need to put my big girl panties on, but it still kinda hurts looking back. I like her bf she is with now, but growing up after my dad passed, I was always second best. She would let them parent me and my sister when they had no kids of their own. It would/still also hurts that my little sister is her favorite because she still kinda blames me for stuff when I was a teen. After I had my first is when I started knowing why she did the things she did as a parent and at that point, she didn't wanna do anything with me. She actually told me "all that time you pushed me away, I finally gave up" and that's when I needed her. 

Sorry this is so long, just hits home. I still cry sometimes when she acts certain ways.

KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:25 AM
5 moms liked this
If you are 21 you aren't a child and she has no responsiblity to you or your kids.
kdloves.
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:27 AM
Why do you care what she's doing? Obviously she doesn't care about you.
To answer the question yeah, I get along w my parents. We don't have a corny overly affectionate relationship, but we have a good one. I have a lot of respect for them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)