Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So, if a kid has a meltdown in a restaurant

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Do they have just as much of a right to be there as everyone else? Someone in a post said if their kid is in a meltdown and others don't like their autistic child having a meltdown, it's the quiet people who need to leave. Do you agree?

"your not going to stop a strong willed mother from taking her beautiful child out to dinner if she sees fit. Meltdown or not.. and I would LOVE to see a restaurant try to kick us out because my child has a medical issue. Bring it on.. Because you can believe this momma wouldn't go down without a fight in a matter of speaking"
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:18 AM
Replies (681-690):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 121 on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Years ago when I was a kid, if a kid was disruptive in ANY setting, be it church, the store, etc., you removed the child.  You're entitled to take your child out to eat as long as they are not disruptive.  I don't care if a child has a medical issue or not.  I don't want to listen to some screaming fucking kid when I'm in a restaurant eating my meal.  I also don't want brats screaming and running around and their parents sitting there doing nothing. In my day we had to behave when we went out or we'd get taken to the car.  Who's with me on this? Kids today aren't taught manners and how to behave out in public. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 86 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:16 AM
How does a child learn if they also must concern themselves with biased viewpoints about what is happening or why? It's about respect, but on the other foot, I think. Have respect for the process of learning. It could have been the moment where the child got over ten hurdle points , but used up his energy and could quite reach the 11th. It's like treating them as second class citizens. Now if it's the family acting under regular practice, then that's one thing, but if a family is working with their child about regulation, it's a complete different story. That "heathen" could later be the reason why your child could overcome some sort of ill fate. Many children with autism are geniuses. May those who have to share space with you be spared of the moment, because the need to worry about one who lacks empathy isn't really worth the worry at all. I'm surprised I even responded to this, because I generally stay away from shallow foolery.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's exhausting to see people not give a shit about people who just want to enjoy a meal that they paid money for and possibly got a sitter for because a parent decides its cool for the child to act like a heathen. It's more of a disgrace that the parent thinks so little of their child that they feel they are incapable of even learning the most basic of manners.

Quoting Anonymous:It is exhausting to see the ignorant statements of egocentric people who lack such tolerance. Those who look with eyes that disapprove of a child...wait, is that the correct word?? Yup. A child. It's better to have a child have a response to a biological/sensory need than because the child has bratty behaviors because of poor parenting. So- those neurotypical folks who lack neurons in comparison to the child having a response based upon biology should, in my humble opinion, fix their hearts. The ones they currently have are ill spirited. At your children NEVER receive such lack of acceptance and may the ignorance be kept to a bare minimum.

jlynnsalazar
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:22 AM
Meltdowns r from boredom, hungry. Medical ect. I use to be a server. Get the kiddo some crackers or fruit fr the bar until their food comes
Put their food in first.
There is ALOT servers can do to prevent it.

Good for you mommy for standing ur ground. Some people act like their child has never had a meltdown.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:24 AM

If my kid has a meltdown I remove them until they can behave.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 122 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Agree

Quoting Anonymous:

That's when you get your food Togo and you eat in the car.

Quoting ValRiggs:

Hmm.. Well when we are 2 hours away from home.. and my child has not eaten because they were in dr. apts all day having testing done which required an empty tummy.. Then I think I'm going to choose making my child eat.. then removing them from an upsetting situation. You pick your battles.. and sometimes.. You just can't help being put in certain situations. I was NOT stating in any way shape or form that I take my son out on a daily basis to eat and let him throw fits out in public all the time.. But If I have no choice in the matter, then yes, I'm going to do it.. and I have a right to. Just like you have a right to sit there and make judgements.
vvinkyloafer
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Restaurants need cattle prods for these types of women.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
massconfusion14
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I cant afford both, jackass! And i dont trust strangers with my baby because i dont know if they are taking care of her. If you dont want to see kids, dont go to family places like Chilis and TGI Fridays... Go to 5star restaurants where they dont allow kids or keep your insensitive mouth SHUT!

Quoting Anonymous:

But you can afford to take your kids out to eat? Seems legit

Quoting massconfusion14:

I'm sorry, but to all of those jerks who said that the person should definitely leave, maybe you don't understand special needs kids. I think that was rude. As for myself, I would try to quiet my baby down, but if I already ordered a meal that I will have to pay for, I am not going to pay the bill if I didn't get to eat all of it and I really don't want to get in trouble for theft or walking out on a bill so hell no I'm not going to leave. The other people can deal with it or they can leave their food and go! I hate people that give me dirty looks because my child is fussy when the only reason she is fussy is because she is hungry. So screw you people if you are the ones who give dirty looks! And before you say that I should get a babysitter.. I will if you pay for it! I'm a single mother and can't afford the finer things in life such as a babysitter!

MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I swear society is so stupid.

massconfusion14
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Says the craptastic person posting anonymous! My kid is ONE! What would you prefer me do?? Im a single mom living alone. I dont get support from her deadbeat father so no, i cant afford both dinner AND a babysitter and sometimes i want to eat without having to clean. Go pick on someone else, chickenshit anonymous hypocrit jerk!

Quoting Anonymous:

You sound like a craptastic mom raising an equally craptastic kid! No one needs to pay for your sitter but YOU and guess what? Your kid acts a fool bad enough, you WILL be asked to leave. 

Quoting massconfusion14:

I'm sorry, but to all of those jerks who said that the person should definitely leave, maybe you don't understand special needs kids. I think that was rude. As for myself, I would try to quiet my baby down, but if I already ordered a meal that I will have to pay for, I am not going to pay the bill if I didn't get to eat all of it and I really don't want to get in trouble for theft or walking out on a bill so hell no I'm not going to leave. The other people can deal with it or they can leave their food and go! I hate people that give me dirty looks because my child is fussy when the only reason she is fussy is because she is hungry. So screw you people if you are the ones who give dirty looks! And before you say that I should get a babysitter.. I will if you pay for it! I'm a single mother and can't afford the finer things in life such as a babysitter!

mizz_mindylou
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:27 AM

i feel if you go out to eat in a public place you have to be willing and able to deal with whatever situation may come up! shit happends and its life..i thought this before i had an autistic special needs child.Its eary to be ignorant when you dont live in the situation each and every day

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)