Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So, if a kid has a meltdown in a restaurant

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Do they have just as much of a right to be there as everyone else? Someone in a post said if their kid is in a meltdown and others don't like their autistic child having a meltdown, it's the quiet people who need to leave. Do you agree?

"your not going to stop a strong willed mother from taking her beautiful child out to dinner if she sees fit. Meltdown or not.. and I would LOVE to see a restaurant try to kick us out because my child has a medical issue. Bring it on.. Because you can believe this momma wouldn't go down without a fight in a matter of speaking"
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:18 AM
Replies (811-814):
jiffypop2207
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:08 PM
This. I think I went a good 2-3yrs without going to a restaurant.

Quoting Anonymous:

No. I'd take my kid outside and just wait until they older to try again

massconfusion14
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Alright, Ms. Perfect. I'm tired of people who think they are better than everyone. Of course if she is screaming bloody murder I would probably get annoyed with it myself, but by deal with it, I mean make her shut up. What I'm trying to say is that if she starts fussing, I'm not going to immediately jump up and walk away with her, I'm going to get on to her at the table. Go to hell.

Quoting chasinrainbows:

You continue to make excuses instead of solutions. Yes you can get alcohol TO GO. It's called going to the liquor store if you MUST have a drink with you meal. I personally try to avoid drinking with my kids so I never had that issue. If your child acts up you "deal with it". How? You do realize the WHOLE restaurant has to "deal with it" when your child acts up, right?

Because I did have a difficult child when my daughter was younger and I DID have to leave public places with her.....I WOULD be the one to say something to you if you were just sitting there drinking your drink (your way of dealing with it I guess) while your child screams bloody murder. How rude and disrespectful of you to try to force a bunch of strangers to "deal with" your child.

Chuck E. Cheese isn't for YOU. It's for your child. A place he/she can run wild, scream, whatever...and most people won't care because it's EXPECTED in that environment. If I'm sitting in Chillies at the bar (like I was 2 weeks ago) with some friends and enjoying our time then I EXPECT to not have to listen to some kid screaming. People not only pay for their food in a restaurant but very often they also pay for the experience....the atmosphere...the service. You should be ashamed to think it's perfectly fine to ruin a bunch of strangers' night because you are so selfish that you just HAD to take your screaming child out.

I say this for ALL kids that do not know or been taught to behave in public. Stay home. Period. EAT AT HOME.

Quoting massconfusion14:

First, you can't get alcohol TO GO. Second, Chuck E Chees doesn't have alcohol and their food sucks. I'm not an alcoholic and I don't get wasted but sometimes I like having a drink with my meal. If my child acts up and fusses, I deal with it. If someone were to come up to me and say something, I would tell them that THEY are welcome to leave at anytime.

Quoting chasinrainbows:

Look....I was a single mom for years. That's no excuse to allow your child too scream and ruin everyones meal. If you know your child cannot go out to eat and be chill, then get your food TO GO. It's really not that hard. You don't just sit there expecting everyone to just love watching you not be able to control your child.

Chillies and TGI Fridays?? Let's see....both are also BARS so don't be surprised if someone who has had a few doesn't get real rude with you one day. I'm not attacking you either. Both of my kids are well past the temper tantrum stage but OMG there were times I wanted to strangle them both at certain ages, lol. It sucks but we as parents have to understand that until are children can behave at a public dinner table, there may be times when it's appropriate to remove our child so they do not disrupt the other 50+ people eating.

Someone could easily say for you to take your child to Chuck E. Cheese where people expect children to scream. My dd8 doesn't even like going there anymore. Thank Gawd! Lol

Quoting massconfusion14:

I cant afford both, jackass! And i dont trust strangers with my baby because i dont know if they are taking care of her. If you dont want to see kids, dont go to family places like Chilis and TGI Fridays... Go to 5star restaurants where they dont allow kids or keep your insensitive mouth SHUT!

Quoting Anonymous:

But you can afford to take your kids out to eat? Seems legit

Quoting massconfusion14:

I'm sorry, but to all of those jerks who said that the person should definitely leave, maybe you don't understand special needs kids. I think that was rude. As for myself, I would try to quiet my baby down, but if I already ordered a meal that I will have to pay for, I am not going to pay the bill if I didn't get to eat all of it and I really don't want to get in trouble for theft or walking out on a bill so hell no I'm not going to leave. The other people can deal with it or they can leave their food and go! I hate people that give me dirty looks because my child is fussy when the only reason she is fussy is because she is hungry. So screw you people if you are the ones who give dirty looks! And before you say that I should get a babysitter.. I will if you pay for it! I'm a single mother and can't afford the finer things in life such as a babysitter!

blue123244
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:07 PM

it's happened to me, and they wouldnt stop and I left - it is the considerate thing to do whether your child has autism or not - 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 140 on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Of course, her special snowflake is untouchable.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)