Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Inconsiderate behavior.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

Poll

Question:

Options:

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 0

Timeline:

8:30-9:00 p.m.: try to sleep

10:00- 10:30ish p.m.: baby wakes up, do everything possible to get baby to sleep.

11:45 p.m.: he turns around and cuddles you but has "crazy legs" and doesn't stop fidgeting.

12:40 a.m.: baby wakes up again...

1:15 a.m.: baby wakes up

2:00 a.m.: he jerks himself awake, while cuddling you (because of a scary movie he saw)

3:26 a.m.: baby wakes up again.

4:00 a.m.: lets his annoying loud alarm blaring until you wake up and shove him awake, only for him to press snooze button every 10 minutes.

4:30 a.m. Turns on the shower, leaves door open, pisses with the door open, turns on every light imaginable.

4:45a.m.: hear him grumbling that its "bullshit he can't find his toothbrush" wakes you up and you walk your zombie ass to the bathroom only to open the first drawer on his side of the bathroom to find said the toothbrush and he accuses you of planting the toothbrush there so he looks like a fool.

5:00 a.m.: leaves every light on and slams the door on his way out

5:01 a.m.: baby is awake for the rest of the day.

5:30 a.m.: cafemom.

This has been my day for the past year. Someday the baby wakes up 6-8 times a night (that I can handle, the baby can't help it)... I'm exhausted and I snapped today at DH when the toothbrush debacle unfolded.

Please tell me I'm not crazy and he is being inconsiderate?

ETA: I accidentally pushed add a poll option but for some reason it's still there. Can't edit that out.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:33 AM

talk to him tonight and ask him to please be as quiet as can be in the morning and leave the lights off as much as possible, and keep the door of the bathroom closed when he's in there. as far as the 'crazy legs' and jerking himself awake.. well it sucks that you're having a hard time sleeping with him, but it's not inconsiderate. i love it when my dh sleeps on the couch lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Quoting 12345abcde54321:

talk to him tonight and ask him to please be as quiet as can be in the morning and leave the lights off as much as possible, and keep the door of the bathroom closed when he's in there. as far as the 'crazy legs' and jerking himself awake.. well it sucks that you're having a hard time sleeping with him, but it's not inconsiderate. i love it when my dh sleeps on the couch lol.

The only reason he has crazy legs is because he drinks 2-3 (5) hour energy bottles a day. When he stopped drinking them, the shaking stopped. He knows this happens but still does it. I will talk to him because I don't think I can last any longer like this.
indymom72
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:38 AM

yeah, that is inconsiderate.

Is your baby waking up to nurse that often? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Quoting indymom72:

yeah, that is inconsiderate.

Is your baby waking up to nurse that often? 

He's not breastfed. He had really bad reflux which kept him awake almost the whole night. After finding the right formula, his habits of waking up kept persisting. I've tried everything.
Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:41 AM
The least he could do is be quiet in the morning geez.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:45 AM
I'm sorry!! Baby waking up that much is brutal! All 4 of my kids were up 6-8+ times a night until a year old. My son is 14 months and gets up 3-4 times a night still. It's so hard! Tell your dh to be quiet in the morning and to stop drinking those drinks. Or gently kick him every time he kicks you ;). My dh has night terrors and is all over the bed at night. He also shouts in his sleep.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:46 AM
2 moms liked this
Hmmm, I might suddenly need the bedroom lights on, and a little jumping on the bed every single time I needed to get up to fed the baby. (as long as you don't feed baby in your room)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Quoting Toonkasmommy:

The least he could do is be quiet in the morning geez.

The thing is when he wakes up, I get up to close my baby's door, our door and the bathroom door so that the shower doesn't wake him up. If I didn't the baby would wake up From the noise. He just goes on about his day as if no one else in the house existed. I use to tippy toe and find another room to do my routine before heading to work (when I worked). I know I'm a SAHM but damn I need sleep to function and think rationally. I almost ate my son's diaper cream thinking it was toothpaste.
12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:47 AM

my DH habits are to blame for the fact that he's a difficult person to sleep with too. i told him that when we move i'm getting my own bedroom. he didn't like that idea, but i think it sounds pretty awesome lol. i love him and all, but i don't love sleeping with him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

The only reason he has crazy legs is because he drinks 2-3 (5) hour energy bottles a day. When he stopped drinking them, the shaking stopped. He knows this happens but still does it. I will talk to him because I don't think I can last any longer like this.

2blessed2bitch
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:48 AM
I would sleep on the couch.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)