Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

so very hurt,by close friend

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:35 AM
  • 24 Replies
My best friend lost her boyfriend of 3 yrs to an overdoes a few days ago. We've been talking non-stop,I've been doing whatever I can for her and be there for her. His family is having a memorial for him. We were texting a couple days ago and to make a long story short she said in so many words for me not to come to memorial! I kept re-reading it over and over and that's what it said. I came out and asked "are you telling me not to come??" And she said "well if I didn't have anyone there for me....but I'm fine." I'm so hurt! This is my best friend of 6 years and we've always been there for each other through all kinds of situations! I seriously can't understand why she is telling me not to go!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:37 AM

You are non anon. Oops 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:37 AM
She's pushing everyone out. Part of her grief process. Don't take it personal.
pinkfairy0206
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:37 AM
I know I'm an idiot...I submitted before I realized!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:37 AM
that's weird. did you ask why? I mean I know she said senwould have ppl there for her but that still makes no sense at all....
pinkfairy0206
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:38 AM
I know! I never did it before so I submitted and then realized...

Quoting Anonymous:

You are non anon. Oops 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:39 AM
This is about her, not about you. Look at the big picture. She is grieving, and shouldn't have to worry about your feelings .
MacensMommy228
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Maybe she wants his family to think she doesn't have anyone?? Idk thats weird.
pinkfairy0206
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:40 AM
I didn't ask why,but I said when she had said it in so many words the other day...are u telling me not to come?? And then she replied with if I didn't have anyone...yada yada...

Quoting Anonymous:

that's weird. did you ask why? I mean I know she said senwould have ppl there for her but that still makes no sense at all....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh gosh this is not about YOU!!

She wants to do this and be with his family, why does that make you so butt hurt?

I think it sucks that when we go through something tragic not only do we have to grieve in our own way but now we have to worry about hurting someone's delicate feelings.

Yes I'm sure I sound like a bitch but this is a sensitive spot for me. Be there when SHE needs you but let her put her big girl panties on and do things on her own too.

She should not have to worry about hurting you when she needs to grieve and handle things the best way she feels.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:42 AM
weird!! I mean, I know some people when they are having a hard time they push everyone away but you said you've been talkin to her a lot the last few days so that doesn't really seem like what it is. Idk...sorry she hurt your feelings. I'd just let it go for now and if it's still bothering you in a few weeks or months maybe bring it up and ask her?

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

I didn't ask why,but I said when she had said it in so many words the other day...are u telling me not to come?? And then she replied with if I didn't have anyone...yada yada...

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN