Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

not all pitbulls are bad... long

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this
...Bored .... at home so heres the ish....I now have a new prospective on these so called mean and dangerous pitbulls.... and how I came to like them....., this is the story of little one.
...... when I first came to FL while seeing my now s/o. He warned me when we got to his house about his dog. Little one.... well little one was not little. Infact, this dog was a huge red nose pitbull chained up outside .... I was told not to go near him or touch him because he was "aggressive". Needless to say I did the very next day I went outside while s/o was at work and attempted to feed and water this beast only to have this dog charge me and drag his wooden dog house and chain behind him... after running and darting back in The house. I was looking outside at this beast and noticed his paws were should we say weird looking ... like the tale tale signs of heartworms or something...
Anyway time passed and I finally asked why the dogs paws looked weird and after a few i don't knows I finally got an answer and found out when this dog was a pup my s/o cousin use to stomp on the dogs paws and pretty much beat on it and then I decided that I would yet again try from that point on try to feed and water this beast and I did so everyday for almost a month. Every day at 2 pm I would go outside and pushed this dogs dishes to it with a shovel and low and behold the dog calmed down and then one night two glasses of wine later I worked up the nerve to touch this dog and to my surprize it didn't bite me now years later and gained trust this is my favorite dog. He is sweet he plays he barks to get attention .... and is a companion in my house..... needless to say the cousin in question does come around and the dog goes apeshit trying to get at him but never the less I feel proud to say that I tried to gain trust with this animal instead of assuming it was a beast to be scared of.... and this is my meaningless story of how one pitbull was not all that bad after all..my theory is abuse made him scared and therefore aggressive.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Sunnybrooke_MA
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Thank you for sharing your story, and for not giving up on him. People need to understand that ANY dog will be aggressive or defensive when it has been mistreated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

This.

We got a little tiny 10 lb dog from the shelter and he was mean and horrible and attacked our other dog when we first brought him home. WE come to find out that he was abused and beaten for 7 years by his previous owners before they had charges pressed against them for animal crulity. They had 4 or 5 dogs they were  doing this to. He was one of the sweetest dogs I ahve ever met after he learned we werent going to harm him. He even passed away because he was protecting my mom from some random stray that try atteacking her.

Quoting Sunnybrooke_MA:

Thank you for sharing your story, and for not giving up on him. People need to understand that ANY dog will be aggressive or defensive when it has been mistreated.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Lions and tigers aren't bad, either.

No animal is bad. It doesn't mean they're not dangerous.

Sunnybrooke_MA
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:55 AM
I totally agree with you. I'm not saying dogs don't have the potential to be dangerous.

There are different species of lions... I wouldn't trust/distrust one type more than the other.

Quoting danie24:

Lions and tigers aren't bad, either.

No animal is bad. It doesn't mean they're not dangerous.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)