Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Terrible , - Court Orders FDA to Make Emergency Contraception Available Over-the-Counter for All Ages

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: How do you feel about this ruling?

Options:

I am against it.

I am for it.

Not sure / something else

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 282

View Results

How irresponsible is this?

What if a young girl has a complication after taking this abortion pill? 

I need to write a note for my daughter to take a tylenol , so how does this happen?

Court Orders FDA to Make Emergency Contraception Available Over-the-Counter for All Ages

In a long-awaited decision released early this morning, U.S. District Court Judge Edward Korman ordered the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to make emergency contraception available over-the-counter to women of all ages, marking a major win for public health and women’s rights in a year that has seen science otherwise buried under an avalanche of anti-choice politics. In his decision, Judge Korman orders the FDA to make levonorgestrel-based emergency contraception available over-the-counter without an age or point-of-sale restriction.

Clicky Link Here

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Replies (11-20):
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:13 PM
It's not the abortion pill for fucks sake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:13 PM
I'm in Canada, and plan b has been available for a long time. I have a friend who took it when we were in high school. She just had to ask the pharmacist. This was 2003.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:14 PM

um i think she was being sarcastic with the "terrible" comment. chill out killer.

Quoting caito:

Um no, not terrible. TERRIFIC.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Good lord..you people cry if someone gets an ACTUAL abortion and now you are crying about the morning after pill.
_AshlynNicole
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:14 PM
I think it's a good idea
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
manamott
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's genius. And it's not a freaking abortion pill. It works to prevent conception just like a birth control pill or IUD or anything else.

Lillymygirl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Quoting jojo_star:

I think that is great.  Also, Plan B is NOT an abortion pill, it will NOT cause an abortion, it is birth control, just like the pill, only in much higher doses, it will not terminate an existing pregnancy.

I think its so irresponsible. Think of the possible side affects and problems a young girl could have and then even her parents wouldn't know what was going on. 

caito
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Three people above me agree with me on the first page and you single out me? Niiiice.

Quoting Anonymous:

um i think she was being sarcastic with the "terrible" comment. chill out killer.

Quoting caito:

Um no, not terrible. TERRIFIC.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:17 PM
It's not the abortion pill you uneducated twit.
thecoffeefairy
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:17 PM
It's a great idea. I hope my dd can come to me for bc when she's ready for sex but if something were to happen, I would want that available for her in case she's too embarrassed to come to me straight away. Again, I keep lines of communication open but just in case, I'm happy it's there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN