Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Terrible , - Court Orders FDA to Make Emergency Contraception Available Over-the-Counter for All Ages

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: How do you feel about this ruling?

Options:

I am against it.

I am for it.

Not sure / something else

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 282

View Results

How irresponsible is this?

What if a young girl has a complication after taking this abortion pill? 

I need to write a note for my daughter to take a tylenol , so how does this happen?

Court Orders FDA to Make Emergency Contraception Available Over-the-Counter for All Ages

In a long-awaited decision released early this morning, U.S. District Court Judge Edward Korman ordered the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to make emergency contraception available over-the-counter to women of all ages, marking a major win for public health and women’s rights in a year that has seen science otherwise buried under an avalanche of anti-choice politics. In his decision, Judge Korman orders the FDA to make levonorgestrel-based emergency contraception available over-the-counter without an age or point-of-sale restriction.

Clicky Link Here

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Replies (11-20):
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:13 PM
It's not the abortion pill for fucks sake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:13 PM
I'm in Canada, and plan b has been available for a long time. I have a friend who took it when we were in high school. She just had to ask the pharmacist. This was 2003.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:14 PM

um i think she was being sarcastic with the "terrible" comment. chill out killer.

Quoting caito:

Um no, not terrible. TERRIFIC.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Good lord..you people cry if someone gets an ACTUAL abortion and now you are crying about the morning after pill.
_AshlynNicole
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:14 PM
I think it's a good idea
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
manamott
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's genius. And it's not a freaking abortion pill. It works to prevent conception just like a birth control pill or IUD or anything else.

Lillymygirl
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Quoting jojo_star:

I think that is great.  Also, Plan B is NOT an abortion pill, it will NOT cause an abortion, it is birth control, just like the pill, only in much higher doses, it will not terminate an existing pregnancy.

I think its so irresponsible. Think of the possible side affects and problems a young girl could have and then even her parents wouldn't know what was going on. 

caito
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Three people above me agree with me on the first page and you single out me? Niiiice.

Quoting Anonymous:

um i think she was being sarcastic with the "terrible" comment. chill out killer.

Quoting caito:

Um no, not terrible. TERRIFIC.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:17 PM
It's not the abortion pill you uneducated twit.
thecoffeefairy
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:17 PM
It's a great idea. I hope my dd can come to me for bc when she's ready for sex but if something were to happen, I would want that available for her in case she's too embarrassed to come to me straight away. Again, I keep lines of communication open but just in case, I'm happy it's there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)