Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Terrible , - Court Orders FDA to Make Emergency Contraception Available Over-the-Counter for All Ages

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: How do you feel about this ruling?

Options:

I am against it.

I am for it.

Not sure / something else

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 282

View Results

How irresponsible is this?

What if a young girl has a complication after taking this abortion pill? 

I need to write a note for my daughter to take a tylenol , so how does this happen?

Court Orders FDA to Make Emergency Contraception Available Over-the-Counter for All Ages

In a long-awaited decision released early this morning, U.S. District Court Judge Edward Korman ordered the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to make emergency contraception available over-the-counter to women of all ages, marking a major win for public health and women’s rights in a year that has seen science otherwise buried under an avalanche of anti-choice politics. In his decision, Judge Korman orders the FDA to make levonorgestrel-based emergency contraception available over-the-counter without an age or point-of-sale restriction.

Clicky Link Here

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Replies (331-333):
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:01 PM
That simply isn't true. Women are paid 17% less then men, for the same work.

Quoting Lillymygirl:

women are paid less when they do less of a job or they aren't qualified as the man.

Quoting LoriLou75:

This is true in every field, not just in traditionally "manly" occupations

Quoting Lillymygirl:

A Women's bodies are not as physically strong as a man so No she shouldn't even be trying to get those jobs . Men are usually the bread winner for the family feminism s made it harder on everyone.

Quoting LoriLou75:

I shouldn't earn less then a man because I have a uterus, neither should you!

Quoting Lillymygirl:

Men and women are different though , why would a woman want to be the same as a man anyway? Feminism is outdated and just not needed anymore.

Quoting LoriLou75:

Sorry, can't take the super long quote trees.

Feminism is not at all about the super V or women being any better than men. As I said before, you misunderstand feminism. It is about equality. Women should have the same oportunities men have.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:19 PM
That would be my first choice, but we've gone so far in the opposite direction I was compromising.

Quoting Lillymygirl:

Quoting Anonymous:

Why couldn't we have put some sort of age limit it on, 16 perhaps. I think it's crazy that a 12yr old could feasibly buy Plan B, but can't buy children's cold medicine.

why not require an adult go with them?

Dreamweaver_46
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Wow I love all of these replies !! My thoughts exactly ! I think it's great . Don't know why people don't read and realize its not an abortion pill. Just had to explain this to my 78.MIL 85 FIL today.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured