Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im in a shelter with my dd. Its hell!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 149 Replies
2 moms liked this
I dont know what to do anymore im so depressed! Bash all you want (I know some will). I was 16 when I got pregnant on birth control. When my parents knew they kicked me out. I looked for some ressources to help me. I had no where to go I was trapped. I believe in god 100% and feel like he would of punished me if I got an abortion. This social worker I met (who I love very much) helped me out and found this shelter home for me. Its a shelter for pregnant moms and moms with kids. So I called to put my name on the list. They called when I was 20weeks. I visited the place it was nice. It was an appartment building with two appartments and each appartment had two moms living there so you had a roomate. They explained the rules to me and everything. Rules were: that no guys were allowed execpt the babys dad, family and girls were allowed. You also had to see a lady once a week. So everything sounded fine. I accepted and moved in a couple of weeks later on the 3rd floor with a roomate who had a 7month old. Ps: i didnt move with my bf because we couldnt afford it. So back to the story... It cost 325$ a month all included and im on PA because i couldnt work. I tried to work early in my pregnancy but it only lasted till I was 18weeks then got fired because my boss didnt want a pregnant girl. I had problems with my roomate she was a crazy freak she would put her loud music till 3am and left a child cry in his crib and just didnt give him attention in felt so bad for him. She wouldnt go anything but sit on her sofa her go on facebook. She treated me like a slave and forced me to clean and do evrtything for her till I gave birth. I was scared of her she was abusive and yelled all the time it was hell i wanted to die and run away I knew this wasnt a safe place for my child. I begged the lady who takes care of the building the move me with the girl on the second floor. She refused. I begged my parents to take me back until i find a place. They refused and it felt like nobody could understand or cared. My bf lives with his dad and it wasnt an option. It was hell. I gave birth and ha complications had an emergency csection and almost died. My mom came to see me at the hospital. I would look at my dd and just cry. I knew in a couple of days it was going to be hell again. I begged my mom inmy hospital bed crying to let me stay at her house. She accepted probally because i was almost dying in that bed. I stayed 2weeks in the hospital then went to my moms house. When i was at my moms house i got a call saying the lady would move me downstairs with another roomate because when i was gone something happened and the police got involved so she had no choice but to move me. I switched place with a mom downstairs and she took my place upstairs. I was a little reliefed but afraid. After a week at my moms i moved downstairs with a new roomate. And it was time to go back, I was terified. I got there with my dd who is 6weeks today. I love her so much but i feel so guilty she doesnt deserve this life. I would do everything for her. I never leave my room im so scared. The lady is keeping me like in a cage she told me my dd dad couldnt come visit her and she always comes to see me even if it was only auppoaed to be once a week and the rules said my babys dad was allowed to come but it was a lie once i mived all the rules changed its like they invent stuff so you move in and give them money. I want to move away from here and get an appartment for me and my dd so we can havr a better life but i cant afford it. My bf is working and trying o save up so we can move in together with dd. But its so long an each day is torture I feel so bad for my dd even if she probaly doesnt know whats happening. Help i dont know what to do:( i feel like im in a cage all these crazy freaks living in this buildling and the lady who keeps we indoors!!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lindsey6412
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Do you have any other family anywhere, honey?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:34 PM
8 moms liked this
But you have a cell phone with Internet?
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:35 PM

sorry you're in that situation, try to deal as long as you need to. Just know that it's temporary and it will get better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Your mom wouldn't let you stay anymore or what??
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:39 PM
16 moms liked this

Baby girl, there are so many programs for you to get started with including FAFSA, TANIF, HUD housing, Section 8, Foodstamps, etc.

You need to ask someone where you need to go to start the process.
You need to sign up for gov't assistance with housing, food, and job placement.

You're gonna be JUST FINE baby girl, hang in there! 

idunno1234
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:40 PM
2 moms liked this

How come you left your mom's to go back to this place?  Not judging or anything.....just curious.

What's going on with school?

Why don't you get back in touch with the social worker who helped you before?  Things do not have to be like this, everyone deserves a safe place to be.  Keep asking, keep insisting and keep powering forward until you get what you want.  It sounds like a lot of grownups have let you down in your life and now you have no choice but to do what it takes to be there for your daughter.  But you do not have to do this alone.

And if anyone is low enough to bash someone who is scared and alone, going through terrible times that would crush many of us, they aren't worth the stuff you scrape off the bottom of your shoe.

Just sayin'

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:41 PM
I live in canada and they dont have that many programs like in the states ... I dont even know where to look anymore

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Baby girl, there are so many programs for you to get started with including FAFSA, TANIF, HUD housing, Section 8, Foodstamps, etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:42 PM
4 moms liked this
This is why you shouldn't have been having sex as a teen. No sympathy here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:43 PM
15 moms liked this
It's a little too late for that now. Shit happens, don't be a douche.

Quoting Anonymous:

This is why you shouldn't have been having sex as a teen. No sympathy here.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:43 PM
6 moms liked this

Just did some reading for you, kiddo.
Seems in Canada you can find an advocate and there ARE assistance programs out there.
The advocate will help you with everything and be your guardian angel of sorts while you're trying to get out of your situation. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I live in canada and they dont have that many programs like in the states ... I dont even know where to look anymore

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)