Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wedding problem

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

I sent out all the invitations February 23, which is 7 weeks before my wedding on April 13th. I asked, on the invitation for people to RSVP via the reply cards by March 23 because I needed the official count to the caterer by the 30th  and I wanted to give a little bit of leeway for late RSVPs.

So here we are a week from my wedding and my fiance's mother left me a voicemail saying that about 15 people (3 of whom we didn't invite) have RSVPed to her and she wanted to make sure I added them to the count.

I called the caterer and asked if there was any way they could add any more guests, they said no and the contract I signed did agree to letting them know the final count 2 weeks before the wedding and I can't add or subtract anyone after that so I can't really argue with them.

My fiance just got home from his tux fitting  and I told him what was going on. We agreed that there was nothing to be done and he would just call his mom and tell her that since the people RSVPed 2 weeks late and not even to me, as requested, they won't be able to come. He also asked about the 2 people who we didn't even invite, she said she invited them because they were family friends. He told her that she shouldn't have done that (meanwhile I was ready to spit nails over her having the audacity to invite someone to our wedding).He told her since she took the RSVPs instead of telling them to call us and invited the other 2 people, she will have to tell them they can't come.

Now she is throwing a fit. about having to tell them. I am afraid that she just won't tell them at all so I am thinking about sending her a text message saying that the caterer won't add more people so if these people show up, they won't have a place to sit (handled by the caterer) and they won't have food to eat and it will be very awkward for them.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:21 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:21 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:24 PM

BUMP!

LeilaBeansMom
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:24 PM
I would definitely send her that message! That was horribly rude on her part. I am sorry you have the extra stress right before your big day. Good luck and congrats!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Byrd15
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I agree, sorry, they luck out... 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

mattiehatter
by Mary on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Tell her them. She also needs to realize that inviting people that you guys did not invite is not okay.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Let her son/your SO handle it.

And this is a prime example of why I eloped. I got married 49 days after I got engaged. Ceremony in a church and private dinner reception after. It was perfect and no one is poor from it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Send her the message. She totally order stepped there! That's awful, I'm sorry.

kngarber
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Damn what is wrong with her?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Thanks, I am starting to worry about the kind of MIL I will have after this

Quoting LeilaBeansMom:

I would definitely send her that message! That was horribly rude on her part. I am sorry you have the extra stress right before your big day. Good luck and congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN