Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel like being bashed so here it goes....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

This is what I gave my 7, 5, and almost 3 yr old for lunch today. Two of the three had some fresh all natural cheddar cheese with theirs. What is on the plate is peanut butter and all natural non sugared jelly on white bread that does not contain high fructose corn syrup or artificial colors and artificial flavors. Baby carrots, cucumber slices, and a cutie. They had "kool aid" which isn't kool aid at all as it contains no artificial colors, no artificial flavors and stevia in place of the sugar. Usually they would have some all natural Greek yogurt as well if they wanted it.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Replies (21-30):
vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:00 PM

That's wonderful you feed your kids, who cares!!

cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:00 PM

IKR, I don't give a flying pancake and pizza what all the moms on here say and think about what I feed my daughter, I bet about 98% of them feed their kids crap too, they're just too chicken to say it on ehre.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its still a good lunch regardless. I don't understand why some of you feel the need to have your food approved by the women on this site.

Quoting opal10161973:

If it was on whole wheat bread, it would have been good.  White bread has bleached flour and it has been linked to diabetes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Yes I'd like links also. I actually researched this before I decided to make the switch.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Stevia is bad for kids and adults.

The only place I've heard that is on this website, and I haven't been able to find any information on WHY people say this.

Got any links?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Who cares...
My kids had an extra large soda for lunch...I'll make dinner when I'm done working. They can snack on dry cereal until then...
caito
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Uhhhh...it looks perfectly healthy. Who would bash you?

MomTo2Boys12
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:01 PM
You monster!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:01 PM
How is it not healthy? She served fresh veggies and fruit with half a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Good grief.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, to be totally honest that's not actually THAT healthy, what you just described...

But, it's better than a lot of parents, so that's cool.

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Quoting kaylasmom22:

That's appetizer for dd,I give her that and 5 mins later she is hungry. Lol

She is just one of those kids that needs more carbs.  She is very active, isn't she?

That is not unusual.

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

Caspriel
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Same here.What is wrong with Stevia?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Stevia is bad for kids and adults.

The only place I've heard that is on this website, and I haven't been able to find any information on WHY people say this.

Got any links?

CAMom5472
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Call me crazy,but it looks fine to me! Now if this amount was for your hubby then we would have to talk! HAHA
Seems like you are a good mom as it sounds like you are giving thought to their eating habits...
Id be surprised to see any bashing,especially after some of the awful stuff Ive read on CM!Kudos Mommy :o)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)