Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why so sour??????

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:33 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

hey hey, look what i got today!! 

it's an indoor dwarf lemon tree!!! 

jealous?? i know you are!! ;)

I'm still figuring out where in my sunroom it'll go, that's why is chilling on a chair, and by winter I'm gonna make (or combine my dad to make) a larger more permanent rolling planter so i can easily move it to the kitchen in the winter!!!!! 

yay yay

oh and her name is Mrs pucker and she smells incredible!!!! :)

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:37 PM

:)

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:38 PM

love her name! lol 

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Love it!  I have a Meyer Lemon plant that I've had for 3 years, I winter it in my husband's office by the sunniest window.  It hasn't produced any edible fruit yet, but I hope it does this year.  It does smell amazing when it blooms!!

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:45 PM

that's what Mrs pucker is, i think the kitchen will work, it has the best south facing window in the house, and also gets some light from the sun room, but i might get a spotlight for it by winter....

did you get yours full grown or as a sapling? 

Quoting rebeccab1966:

Love it!  I have a Meyer Lemon plant that I've had for 3 years, I winter it in my husband's office by the sunniest window.  It hasn't produced any edible fruit yet, but I hope it does this year.  It does smell amazing when it blooms!!

504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Quoting RazzleMySpazz:

that's what Mrs pucker is, i think the kitchen will work, it has the best south facing window in the house, and also gets some light from the sun room, but i might get a spotlight for it by winter....

did you get yours full grown or as a sapling? 

Quoting rebeccab1966:

Sapling--I live in Maryland so I can't put her outside until it gets very warm and I know the nights won't get too cold.  I did read that it can take years to get real fruit.  They need lots of sun and warmth to winter-over, and not too much water.  It looks totally DEAD in the winter but always comes back. 

daisykat
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:52 PM
I bought one of those 3 years ago. A Dwarf Meyer Lemon tree. Make sure it gets TONS of warm sunlight. The little flowers it produces will fill the whole room with scent, and after 2-4 years you will have little lemons. They're wonderful. I got a Dwarf Banana tree, too.
_mimimosley_
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Soak egg shells in water and pour the water in the soil every week. It'll grow so healthy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:05 PM

thanksfor the tip! we have baby chickens that'll be laying eggs in a few months so that'll be pretty easy and a good way to make use of all the shells coming my way! :)

Quoting _mimimosley_:

Soak egg shells in water and pour the water in the soil every week. It'll grow so healthy.

ittyprincess604
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:06 PM

i want a tree....hmmmm 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)