Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Poor Bunny!!

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:35 PM
  • 8 Replies

So my dog is sitting at the back door with a poor dead bunny in her mouth, no one is home but me and she won't put the bunny down and is throwing it in the air playing with it, and she won't give it to me.  What the hell do I do now??  Dog looks very proud of herself, by the way.

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
my4kids274
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Once she is done with it just give it a proper burial.  We had a neighborhood cat that used to bring me dead animals and leave them on my front porch. 

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Quoting my4kids274:

Once she is done with it just give it a proper burial.  We had a neighborhood cat that used to bring me dead animals and leave them on my front porch. 

Oh, I will bury him, I just don't want the dog to play with it til there's nothing left but bitty bunny parts.

my4kids274
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Can you coax the dog into dropping the little bunny by trying to give her a treat?  Then maybe you could take it from her.

Quoting rebeccab1966:

Quoting my4kids274:

Oh, I will bury him, I just don't want the dog to play with it til there's nothing left but bitty bunny parts.

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Quoting my4kids274:

Can you coax the dog into dropping the little bunny by trying to give her a treat?  Then maybe you could take it from her.

Quoting rebeccab1966:

Quoting my4kids274:

Yes!  Just offered her a piece of chicken and she looked at me like "really?  do I look that dumb to you??"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I can't tell you what to do because when I see a dead bird in the yard I have my husband go get it.  For that matter we divide taking care of bugs and spiders in the house.  I kill and he has the disposal detail.

Your dog is very proud of herself and has brought you the bunny as a gift.  The only thing you can hope for is that if you give her a treat she will come in the house and leave the bunny outside.  If you have a shovel you can go out and pick up the bunny and put it in the trash can.

Good Luck...I know that is hard to deal with.

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't tell you what to do because when I see a dead bird in the yard I have my husband go get it.  For that matter we divide taking care of bugs and spiders in the house.  I kill and he has the disposal detail.

Your dog is very proud of herself and has brought you the bunny as a gift.  The only thing you can hope for is that if you give her a treat she will come in the house and leave the bunny outside.  If you have a shovel you can go out and pick up the bunny and put it in the trash can.

Good Luck...I know that is hard to deal with.

Thanks!  Last month she killed a huge groundhog that bit the hell out of her face, and it took me hours to get it away from her.  She was a "street dog" and she loves to hunt.  I offered her some chicken in exchange for the bunny but she just sneered at me.

QuirkyMom26
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:47 PM

This is an EXCELLENT time to bust out my dds picture of when I made her try on a costume my mother made for me when ' I ' was younger for Halloween.  I think it's adorable.

Smcclellan7080
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:14 PM

When I was a kid we had a cat that would bring his "gifts" and leave them on the floor on my mom's side of the bed. She learned quick to look BEFORE she put her feet down.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN