Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it my mother board? Please tell me it's not.. Computer nerds get in here.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Ok so I dropped my laptop. It wasn't far. I was sitting it on the floor while I sat on the bed and dropped it. Something came loose so I took it apart and figured out what was loose. The li- ion battery(something like that lol) came out. So I put it back but it's still not working.

I'm thinking its the mother board. Pleeeeease assure me that it could be something else or you know a way to fix it.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Sparks plugs are probably bad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:06 PM
You've got my attention. How much does that cost to fix? How can I fix it myself? Where are the spark plugs located?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:08 PM

if you break a spark plug and throw it at a window, the whole window breaks and it barely makes any noise.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Next to the injectors and air filter. You DO have an air filter, right?

Call your local best buy geek squad and ask how much new spark plugs would cost. It varies for whack make and model, so I can't give you a number.

Quoting Anonymous:

You've got my attention. How much does that cost to fix? How can I fix it myself? Where are the spark plugs located?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:09 PM

It won't turn on at all?

Did u try turning it on while it was on the charger? I'm no computer geek but I'll try to help lol.

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:10 PM

She's joking.  Something might have come loose when you dropped it.  Do you have a maintance plan on it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Try removing the battery, waiting a few minutes and then putting it back in.

stargazerwolf
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Computers don't have spark plugs, they're giving you crap. The "li-ion" battery is the lithium-ion battery, if it is at all loose it won't work just like anything else that has batteries. Make sure it is in tight. Does anything else sound loose? Lightly shake the computer. A short drop likely isn't going to harm the motherboard or anything else, especially if you have carpeted floors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured