Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To people who say abortion should be illegal in ALL cases

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Even extreme medical cases. How could you justify it to their family? Their SO? Their child(ren)?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Replies (221-228):
20Keller12
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:50 AM

I'm pro life, but I know that there are some cases where it's the most sensible option, like if the fetus is anensephalic (sp?) or some other disorder where the child absolutely (with NO doubt) will not survive outside the womb.

autodidact
by Snarknado on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:53 AM

not most of the time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well I'm pretty sure sex is for creating babies.

Quoting redbutterfly666:

Sex isn't just for popping out babies and no it hasn't always been for that either

Quoting Anonymous:

They should expect it as a possible consequence. After all, that IS the main reason for sex, in case you've forgotten basic anatomy and biology.

Casual sex, IMO, is a whole other discussion.

Quoting redbutterfly666:

And you expect others to never have sex when they don't want a baby at the time?

Quoting Anonymous:

I never had sex when I wouldn't have accepted a baby as the result.

Quoting redbutterfly666:

sooooo you never ever have sex when you dont want a baby?

Quoting Anonymous:

You made the baby, you care for it. It is called responsible behavior. Don't want a child, don't have SEX.

Quoting jojo_star:

So will you pay for and raise the children that women want to abort, because they can't afford them, can't raise them, etc? I didn't have a medical reason to abort, but would you have raised my son while I tried to get my life together, while I was pregnant? Would you have paid for my medical care, and then for the baby? Are you going to adopt, love, care for, and raise all the unwanted babies that we would have if abortion were illegal?

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't call the removal of an embryo in a tube that would rupture an abortion, but otherwise, yes, it should be illegal. ELECTIVE abortion should be 100% illegal IMO.

Justify what? Unless she was on death's door, what's to justify. In those cases, the "medical" procedure could be preformed to save the mom's life. I doubt that many of abortions done today are really for the sake of the mother's life.

RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:57 AM
Because 'pro-life' only carries to the fetus. Not to the mothers, not to war, or the death penalty. Or to life saving medical care. Just the fetus.

If you're pre-born you're golden. If you're pre-k you're fucked.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tal0n
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:01 AM

I am 100% pro-choice.  I don't care how many abortions a woman has had, what gestation it is, or what her reasons are.  I need no justification, in any case.

It must be HER. CHOICE.

I don't have a line because I know all too well the kinds of heartbreaking decisions 99.989% of Late Term Abortions are.

I support a woman's right to CHOOSE what is best for her, be it abortion, adoption or keeping the baby.  Only she can know what is in her own best interests.  Period.  HER CHOICE.  Bodily integrity is a huge deal to me and it ought to be to everyone.

Quoting da808gypsy:

I have a question to the pro-choice people: where do you cross the line for abortion?

I.e. do you believe in third trimester abortions? How about 2nd trimester? Are you 100% pro choice or just if the mothers life is at total risk/rape?

I'm curious and this post is rather interesting. I'm neither got out against at this moment, but I wanna hear people out.

Lalalie
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:55 AM

An extreme medical case... is a sin?

Wow.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why kill a child for the sins of its parents?

Lalalie
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Get out of here with that logic!

Quoting seemommyrun:

Or...she decided to medically remove some cells that were multiplying because she thought it was the best thing for her son (that is already here)

Just another way to look at it...

Quoting Anonymous:

Knowing that. .......why did u allow yourself to get preggers. Why literally. rip a innocent baby apart. You riped your baby Apart? Poor baby

Quoting jojo_star:

I'm pro-choice, for whatever reason the woman wants. Mine was because I was 16, had a kid, didn't want another one, couldn't afford another one, and needed to be able to get my life together for my son. 

BellaByrdie
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:34 AM

While pregnant the hormones the body produces causes my body to react weird and I start having erratic heart beats.  I passed out 3 times while pregnant.  And nearly did again after having her.   I lost consciousness and could barely breathe.  I got better after she was born. and after the hormones fully left my body but my DRs.  Said no more babies. 

Quoting da808gypsy:

How did you almost die ? :(

Quoting BellaByrdie:

Oh didn't you hear.  No one dies from childbirth anymore.  Or pregnancy.  Its a liberal scare tactic.   I've heard that so many times it makes me want to puke. 

Then I say oh really then why was I in the hospital for 7 days after the birth of my daughter.  I was I in the intensive CARE unit 4 of those.  Why did the doctors 6 of them tell me NO more babies.  I nearly GAVE my life to give birth.   Another Child WILL kill me.   

I am supposed to DIE.  Because my birth control failed.  Because my insurance wouldn't cover sterilization.   Please explain that to my husband.  Explain that to my daughters.  How their mother matters less than a fetus that won't survive to live anyway.  Explain why THEIR beliefs matter more than MY LIFE.  Please explain how its GODS plan to leave an 8 and 9 year old motherless. 

Then they shut up.  What are they going to say to me then.  WHAT.  NOTHING.  I AM living.  I MATTER MORE than a fetus that won't survive ANYWAY.  WOMEN die STILL in childbirth.  From pregnancy.  Is it as bad as it was no of course not.   

saradallas80
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Well said.... maybe that is her punishment for having such evil ideas...... I'm. Sorry but if I was faced with that choice I would do everything in my power to save that life inside me but if my life is at stake I have to think about the 3 young kids who would be left without a mom a husband without a wife some might say that is selfish but I think choosing the small hope that both mother and baby would survive is selfish

Quoting MochaBerry24:

Are there already not enough unwanted and uncared for children in this world? Why bring an innocent child into this world to be raised in the system? Instead of preaching to us from your high horse, why dont you stop judging and start helping. Maybe volunteer to help young mothers or provide support services so women dont feel that abortion is their only viable option?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)