Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wedding WWYD??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

I am getting married next week. My mom had been begging me to let her new hubby be apart of the ceremony and/or reception. I don't want him to because I barely know him. He has been apart of our family for less than a year. My mom wants him in all our family photos. She even wants me to have a dance with him. Like I said I barely know the guy. He moved in after I was already out of the house.

Would you give in?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:06 PM
4 moms liked this

nope its your wedding day to spend it with the people you are close too.  I would include him in some  of the pictures that include your mom because he is her husband, but that's it. 

Mamabear010
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes to the photos but only In The group family pictures. Hell no to the dance, he hasn't earned that honor and definitely no to him walking you down.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kikibix
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:08 PM
2 moms liked this

He should be in a couple of the family photos because he is now a part of your family whether you like it or not.  He does not warrant any special attention like a special dance or mention at the wedding.  Generally he should be treated like any other guest.  He had nothing to do with making you the person you are today so therefore does not deserve any special mention or attention.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Nope. IMO it is rude of her to ask that. Why would you include him other than to be your moms sidekick?

Mommy2b2many
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:14 PM
I wouldn't; your wedding party is supposed to be your siblings and/or closest friends. He should be in a few pictures; but other than that... why would he be given an active role...

But then again my MILs 2nd husbands wasn't even allowed at our wedding
Rlmama00
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM

No, I would not give in. Your mother is out of line here. 

Gabrielle1982
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Nope.  I wouldn't do anything I wasn't comfortable doing.  It's your wedding, not hers.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:23 AM

I figured he would be in some of the pics just not all. 

Quoting Anonymous:

nope its your wedding day to spend it with the people you are close too.  I would include him in some  of the pictures that include your mom because he is her husband, but that's it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I really don't want a special dance with him at all. I don't really know him.

Quoting Mamabear010:

Yes to the photos but only In The group family pictures. Hell no to the dance, he hasn't earned that honor and definitely no to him walking you down.

rockgal81
by Steph on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely not. I would be really offended if my mom told me she wanted me to have a dance with him, as he's not my dad and never will be. Thats ridiculous!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)