Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

16+ weeks pregnant & had no idea?! HUGE UPDATE! *small update* Update 4/16 *Reuslts 4/19*

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:49 PM
  • 461 Replies
12 moms liked this
Today DF bought me a Monster energy drink, I love them but barely drink caffiene since I am BFing my 8 month old. About an hour and a half later I was laying down BFing and felt a movement in my stomach. My son fell asleep so I layed there and continued to feel small movements. I then SAW a couple small movements. DF did not believe me at all since I haven't had a period and we have sex maybe 2-3x a MONTH with condoms. So I tested my theory a little over an hour ago and drank 2 cups of coffee... I just watched the right side of my stomach move up and down for 20 minutes in complete shock (big movements!)! I took 2 pregnancy tests in the past week or so (1 on Easter 1 the following Thursday) because I have been exhausted and my nipples were killing me while BFing, both negative, not even a faint +.. I also had one done at my OB on February 26th just because its a routine thing when you go in, also negative. So THREE tests were wrong?!?!
I know I must be 16+ weeks to be seeing and feeling movement... This is all so crazy!
How far along were you when you first felt/saw movement with your 2nd+ pregnancies?

Edit: NEGATIVE TEST (thank God!) But I am going to schedule a blood test since I have had no caffeine today and still feel and see movement.. I'm sure my body is just playing a cruel joke on me but I want to be 100% sure! I have definitely had the phantom kicks since my son was born but never have I seen my stomach repeatedly move, which is the part that really freaked me out! I will definitely update after the blood test though!

HUGE UPDATE: I was just laying down nursing my son and pressed down on my right side way down in my pelvis because it was hurting- SOMETHING PUSHED BACK HARD!!! Chills just went through my whole body! Who here is going to tell me that's a muscle spasm?!?!? I can also feel small movements right now a little higher up. I'm about to go force DF to press on my stomach and I am going to try and demand to have an ultrasound tomorrow!!!

Update 2 (4/9): I saw my midwife yesterday. She decided to skip the blood test and just do an ultrasound but I now have to wait for that to be scheduled! I have completely cut caffeine out of my diet and that has made no difference. She said the pain I am feeling is just above my ovary so its not a cyst but she doesn't know what it is. It is 100% that if I push down whenever I wake up in the middle of the night to nurse my son something will push back, it happens EVERY SINGLE TIME! During the day I will only feel a few pushes. IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!!! If it were food why am I getting my hand pushed back at 4-11 HOURS after I last ate?!?!?!?!? I'm getting frustrated with this because either I'm pregnant or I have some kind of parasite or SOMETHING in there! I am going to call the OBs office now to ask about the ultrasound and I will update again after they do one.
Edit: My midwife didn't do a pelvic because after my son was born I developed Vulvodynia (too many nerves grow while everything is healing) so an open speculum would have me screaming. I tried to get an IUD 3 months PP and they couldn't do it. Sex is also very painful, I only do it for my poor DF. I think she didn't use the doppler because no one believes me!!!! I wish I had thought of that! The office just told me the ultrasound request is pending and someone will eventually call me to set one up. If I had my own car I'd be at the ER right now but its not possible unfortunately.

Update 4/12: My ultrasound is next Friday at 11am. That will be a week and a half since I first went in! They are obviously not worried about it! I still feel pushes back. Lol, I say "muscle spasm!!" every time. It would just be too insane to be that pregnant and just finding out!

4/16: I have been really paying attention to my stomach in the past week and the movement is in almost the same spot on the right side every time. So I think it is either a muscle spasm that has been going on for a week and a half or something is wrong with an organ! I am still going to have the ultrasound done because they should be able to see if there is anything really abnormal in there.. I just think a baby would be moving all around instead of just one place.. My son was everywhere, lol! I will update this Friday.

ULTRASOUND!! No bay! Yay! Lol. She also said she saw nothing abnormal like parasites because I seriously asked! She did say part of my colon was very swollen and that is probably spasming and that is where my pain is coming from :-\ So, its better than an alien but not great! I havent had any other symptoms to point to my colon being the problem but I guess it is! Off to a different doctor I go to make sure everything is OK. At least my reproductive organs look good!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Could be muscle spasms.
iHEAVENn
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:51 PM
3 moms liked this

........................................ o.0

I would go in for an ultrasound.

Mommaofalmost2
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:53 PM
I'm 19 weeks pregnant with my second and it was at 17 weeks when I felt the baby move for the first time. I hope all get worked out. :(. Good luck, and congratulations if you are!
AnnRmommaof3
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Muscle spasms, worms, phantom movements, etc.

AngeLnChainZ
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you're probably overreacting  ... Chances are it's muscle spasms or something of the like. Especially if you've taken test recently and they've been negative!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:53 PM
I'm 10 wks and feeling movements.
mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:54 PM
I started feeling movement around 12 Weeks. I would go get an ultrasound.
Mama_Dolly
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:54 PM
2 moms liked this
That many tests would not be wrong this far along....
aimhawk
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:54 PM

With my 2nd I felt flutters between 10 - 13 weeks.

JustACatLady
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
When I drink a to of caffeine I get spasms that you can see in my chest and stomach. Maybe that could be it?

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

Could be muscle spasms.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN