Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what does pro life actuaally do??

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:14 AM
  • 217 Replies
5 moms liked this
ProChoice organizations have always supported prevention. We fight for contraception to be available for all. We fight for education. We have clinics set up nationwide for BC, std and cancer screenings, and general womens healthcare at low cost. So.....what do ProLife orgs actually do????
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:16 AM
16 moms liked this

Post propoganda and lies, try make women feel shitty about themselves, push for all pregnancies to end in a baby. That's all I got. 

JJJMommyKris
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this
They use scare tactics to try to get everyone to do what they want
seemommyrun
by Sue daNim on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:18 AM

They're really good at climbing on a soapbox.  Other than that, ..?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:21 AM
14 moms liked this
Try to protect the sanctity of life... I mean come on... we have federal laws to save eggs and seedlings of endagered animal and plant species... but its so wrong to believe that a fetus should have rights too...

That being said... prolife may "spread lies and propoganda" but the prochoices are also less than honest about how damaging an abortion can be. I had one... I no longer can have children because of it. I don't care what others do; but both sides should be more honest. Abortion should NOT be a method of birth control.

Let's be honest; if prochoice really wants to make a difference maybe they should actually be for womens rights. Maybe women should have the right to choose what happens with their body. They're allowed to excise a fetus. But they aren't allowed to get their tubes tied or get a hystorectomy until the DOCTORS say its okay. Interesting; guess I don't have the right to do what I want with my body..
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:22 AM
4 moms liked this
So....in other words.....nothing...

Quoting Anonymous:

Try to protect the sanctity of life... I mean come on... we have federal laws to save eggs of socalled endagered species... but its so wrong to believe that a fetus should have rights too...

That being said... prolife may "spread lies and propoganda" but the prochoices are also less than honest about how damaging an abortion can be. I had one... I no longer can have children because of it. I don't care what others do; but both sides should be more honest. Abortion should NOT be a method of birth control.
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Wtf do you mean by "so called endangered species"?

Quoting Anonymous:

Try to protect the sanctity of life... I mean come on... we have federal laws to save eggs of socalled endagered species... but its so wrong to believe that a fetus should have rights too...

Annettey19
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:24 AM
2 moms liked this

This is all I've seen pretty much.

I'm sure they'd say they're fighting for life and to protect children, but life without love to me is not such a great gift, and an embryo growing inside me shouldn't concern them as much as the hundreds of kids already born and needing homes.

Quoting jojo_star:

Post propoganda and lies, try make women feel shitty about themselves, push for all pregnancies to end in a baby. That's all I got. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:27 AM
3 moms liked this

Pro choice propaganda involves providing all that help so people will over look the morality of the abortion issue itself.

kidlover2
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:29 AM
2 moms liked this
The local ones that I know of present options to the mother and set them up with adoption agencies and or provides them with information and baby supplies so they can choose to be a mother. They feel like a lot of women have abortions because the women feel as though they have no other choice. The pro life group gives them options. It's not perfect, but I appreciate their desire to be helpful with actions and not just endless verbal attacks.
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe (although I disagree) but, Pro Choice ACTIONS actually provide real prevention. What PC does helps to lower abortion rates, and provides much needed services to women nationwide. My question was what actions do Pro Life organizations take?

Quoting Anonymous:

Pro choice propaganda involves providing all that help so people will over look the morality of the abortion issue itself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)