Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't fu**ing care if he has mental issues! control him!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dd and I went in mommy daughter day today. Went and got or hair and nails done, toes then shopping. I didn't want to cook so dd and I went out to dinner at a local restaurant. We were there maybe ten minutes before this boy(maybe 12) started to scream and make noises while his mom barely gave him any attention. Then he gets up(she's slowly walking behind him) and pulls dds(4) hair. And he pulled it hard! I tell the woman to watch her child and she tells me "it's not our fault! He has a mental disorder. We're sorry! "fine. No big deal right? He does it a second time and this time dds head jerked back because he pulled it so hard. Dd starts crying and when she starts crying, he freaks out. I go to cradle my daughter and this woman gives me a fucking death stare like we've done something wrong. Control you're fucking kids you fucking idiot and this wouldn't happen!

So i tell her just that. Control your fucking kid or keep him at home! We get out things to leave and their son is having a melt down. He's throwing stuff and everything. The father is ignoring it and the mother is calmly rubbing his back. Ugh!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:08 AM
Replies (31-40):
DamianaFire
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:29 AM
3 moms liked this

That family is very lucky it wasnt me and my DD. I understand special needs and mental illness, however no one assults my children.  The POS mommy would learn the hard way....

mom2bell
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:29 AM
Please tell me you are joking?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd love to see you in the Mothers position you judgemental biatch. You're not in her shoes and do not know the whole story or to what extent, you have NO right to judge her.

And if you don't want to encounter this in the future, maybe you should look into some Stouffers for your lazy nights.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Leilo88
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:29 AM
So because the child has a mental disorder everyone should just look the other way and allow him to do whatever he wants? We live in a society with rules and standards for how people should behave. Who cares how that woman feels her child should not be allowed to act that way in public and she should handle her son accordingly. This woman wan nice and came here to vent about it. I would have told that mother what I thought of her and her so called "parenting".

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd love to see you in the Mothers position you judgemental biatch. You're not in her shoes and do not know the whole story or to what extent, you have NO right to judge her.

And if you don't want to encounter this in the future, maybe you should look into some Stouffers for your lazy nights.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:30 AM
Her child isn't assaulting others. This all boils down to people not taking responsibility for their actions regardless their disability.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, what you are saying is this mother shouldn't take her kid out............what's the difference?  If you don't like things you encounter in PUBLIC, keep your ass at home and cook for your child.  I know someone that has a child with issues and people like you really piss me off with their keep them home or bust their ass attitude.  If you have not walked in a parent's shoes of a special needs child then keep your fucking mouth shut.............I agree, I think you and a lot of other people are judgemental bitches.

BTW, no the child was not right for pulling your daughter's hair, but the rest of the meltdown was not your problem and again, if you don't like what you might encounter, stay the hell home

Quoting Anonymous:

So what you're saying is i have no right to go out? That i should expect for my child to be attacked? That i should have just smiled? Shut the fuck up you idiot!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:32 AM
I didn't care that he was having a meltdown until my child was touched. If I couldn't control my child, we'd be at home. But she knows how to behave. If they can't control their child or at least keep him from harming others then he needs to stay at gone

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, what you are saying is this mother shouldn't take her kid out............what's the difference?  If you don't like things you encounter in PUBLIC, keep your ass at home and cook for your child.  I know someone that has a child with issues and people like you really piss me off with their keep them home or bust their ass attitude.  If you have not walked in a parent's shoes of a special needs child then keep your fucking mouth shut.............I agree, I think you and a lot of other people are judgemental bitches.

BTW, no the child was not right for pulling your daughter's hair, but the rest of the meltdown was not your problem and again, if you don't like what you might encounter, stay the hell home

Quoting Anonymous:

So what you're saying is i have no right to go out? That i should expect for my child to be attacked? That i should have just smiled? Shut the fuck up you idiot!

Quoting Anonymous:

chikaboombeads
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I try to be tolerant...but if your kid physically harms my child...HELL NO!  I can handle noise, screaming, etc...but, I will confront you if you yank my kid's hair and make them cry.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:34 AM
My tolerance let when my daughter was touched. If he was just having a meltdown at their table, he would have been ignored

Quoting chikaboombeads:

I try to be tolerant...but if your kid physically harms my child...HELL NO!  I can handle noise, screaming, etc...but, I will confront you if you yank my kid's hair and make them cry.  

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:35 AM

I have several friends that have special needs kids, and I disagree with you.    Especially in environments where people pay for a service or entertainment, like at restaurants and theaters.

It's different at grocery stores and such because groceries are a need, and no one is paying for any kind of entertainment or service while standing in a grocery aisle.   They can always walk away, go get other things they need and return when the aisle is more clear and available.

In a restaurant or other situation like that, people cannot just move away as easily from a severe meltdown or stuff like hair pulling.  

I disagree that ANY child that is prone to being out of control should be taken to restaurants and theaters and such.   That would be special needs kids or kids without special needs, too.

Again, the parents deserve nights out and should be able to go to restaurants and things.   A child that freaks out like that shouldn't.   Not only because of other people... but also for the child.   He's freaking out because the situation is not good for him either.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Did you not read where I said what her son did to the OP's daughter was not right?  Obviously not..........again, I will say for those that have never had to deal with a child with a disability/mental issue, don't make the snide comments about the child or the parenting.  The parents deal with the issues the best they can but really pissed me off is the OP thinks the mother should keep the child at home but got pissed when someone else made a comment about keeping her daughter home and cooking.  THAT is totally wrong. You can't recommend someone keep their kid home and get pissed because someone tells you the same.

If a person in a wheelchair ran over your foot, would you say they need to stay home?  There's no difference really............a wheelchair over your foot or getting your hair pulled.  They are both assults.......no?  I swear some of the women on here half ass read comments and just live to stir the shit pot...........

Quoting Anonymous:

Her child isn't assaulting others. This all boils down to people not taking responsibility for their actions regardless their disability.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:41 AM

wht- i am in that position- thankfully my child never did anything like that- except to her sister a few times- we sure the heck didn't let her get away with it. we never would let her scream, throw, ect in the restaurants either. it takes alot  of patience, however you can control them

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured