Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Has Paganism changed?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 97 Replies
4 moms liked this
I am Christian, but I was Pagan for many years. One of the things that I learned when I was practicing Wicca was an understanding that all Gods are one God with many names/incarnations. Respect for ALL belief systems was one of the main tenets. There was a clear understanding that spiritual beliefs are highly personal and should be respected.
On this website alone, I see so much hatred and/or mocking of Yahweh, and the Christian belief system. I don't understand it. If, as a Pagan, you do not believe in Yahweh, I do not see a problem with that. Your beliefs are what they are and I respect that. It is what is right for you. If worship of Yahweh is right for Christians, why do those that do not worship him see the need to criticize and condemn those that do believe.
There are Christians that get very pushy, true. But isn't it still part of the Pagan creed to respect ALL religions? Why not be the better person and NOT follow the example of the pushy Christians you abhor so much. It isn't right to hurt a large group of innocents over the actions of a few.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Bump
TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:55 AM
7 moms liked this

paganism hasn't changed. people have changed.  people are becoming ignorant, intolerant, intolerable assholes. i don't think i've ever seen a pagan bash a christian.  atheists on the other hand..  most are awesome people. but the ones that like to tel everyone they're wrong for believing in anything are pushy assholes who need to mind their own damn business.  same with christians who push their beliefs on everyone.  the new atheist movement is equal to the westboro group.  if i wasn't a firm believer in karma....  well, i have very strong feelings about people like that.  everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.  no one is entitled to tell anyone else that their beliefs are wrong.  religion, spirituality... it's all a very personal thing and no one should try to dictate to another what they should follow as long as it's not hurting anyone else. feel, what you want, believe what you want.  but have the courtesy to not force it on other people.  most just want to be left alone. 

RightSock
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:56 AM
2 moms liked this

drinking

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this
It just frustrates me!
You are right. Mostly, it seems to be a lot of the Atheists, but I have seen a lot of Pagans on here doing this, and I remember that not being okay when I was Wiccan....

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

paganism hasn't changed. people have changed.  people are becoming ignorant, intolerant, intolerable assholes. i don't think i've ever seen a pagan bash a christian.  atheists on the other hand..  most are awesome people. but the ones that like to tel everyone they're wrong for believing in anything are pushy assholes who need to mind their own damn business.  same with christians who push their beliefs on everyone.  the new atheist movement is equal to the westboro group.  if i wasn't a firm believer in karma....  well, i have very strong feelings about people like that.  everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.  no one is entitled to tell anyone else that their beliefs are wrong.  religion, spirituality... it's all a very personal thing and no one should try to dictate to another what they should follow as long as it's not hurting anyone else. feel, what you want, believe what you want.  but have the courtesy to not force it on other people.  most just want to be left alone. 

HappySAHMnWIFE
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:07 AM
It's everyone bashing everyone (Christians, Pagans and Athiests). Everyone thinks they are right and push their opinions on each other.

Quoting Anonymous:

It just frustrates me!

You are right. Mostly, it seems to be a lot of the Atheists, but I have seen a lot of Pagans on here doing this, and I remember that not being okay when I was Wiccan....

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
autodidact
by Snarknado on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this

malarkey.

discussing what you find preposterous, hypocritical, domineering, or misogynist about religion is not the equivalent of picketing a funeral and disrespecting mourning. 

and, one again, atheism does NOT mean beleiving in nothing.

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:16 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't know anything about Paganism, but the declared Pagans on this site are hateful when it comes to Christianity.  As a Christian you get used to it and you have been taught that the testing from those that don't believe is to be expected and overcome!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:19 AM
But that is part of my point. Right for one isn't necessarily right for another, and that doesn't make either one of them wrong.
Twisting facts to suit an opinion does nothing but show an inability to see the reality( whatever that may be). People of ANY belief system should be more concerned with their own beliefs than tearing apart someone else's just to justify their own.

Quoting HappySAHMnWIFE:

It's everyone bashing everyone (Christians, Pagans and Athiests). Everyone thinks they are right and push their opinions on each other.

Quoting Anonymous:

It just frustrates me!

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Wrong again. Most of us will defend ourselves if attacked but I very rarely see a pagan starting the argument.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

I don't know anything about Paganism, but the declared Pagans on this site are hateful when it comes to Christianity.  As a Christian you get used to it and you have been taught that the testing from those that don't believe is to be expected and overcome!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:24 AM
One of the things that drew me to Paganism before was how peaceful and accepting it was. I do not see, on here, many examples of what I saw as part of the core of Paganism. I'm not knocking the beliefs, btw. I am stating that there seem to be a lot of people that don't know the tenets of their own religion.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)