Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When a Person Can't make Friends, Who's Fault is it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

the person who can't make friends, or the people's fault for not understanding the person?  someone i  know seems to think it's everyone elses fault she has no friends...

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:11 AM
While I agree with you, I wonder why you need to validate this.
AnnLanders
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this

It's probably God's fault.  He's pure evil and makes some people unlikeable. 

J/K.  I think it's the person that has trouble making friends' with the issue.  They are probably doing something subconciously that makes them difficult to like. Being negative, judgemental, artificial, trying too hard, etc. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

If the" said" friend was doing things to push the other people away it is the "said" friends fault.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:16 AM

yep...but this person doesn't get how their actions affect others, and dont' seem to realize how negative the attitude is either...and then blames everyone else for being a 'rotten friend'...oy

Quoting Anonymous:

If the" said" friend was doing things to push the other people away it is the "said" friends fault.

Pinkmani
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:16 AM

The problem is always the person who can't make friends. Some people talk too much or are just plain annoying.

livelaughlov26
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:17 AM
It depends, there is not one right answer here.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Its the persons problem. I have trouble making friends because I am so shy. I know that I am  very likeable but people dont know that about me because I dont show it to them. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:19 AM

and those are the ones who complain about 'no friends'...well, if you'd STOP talking for long enough to give someone a chance to answer you, then maybe you could actually have a conversation that is two way, rather than a one way dialogue

Quoting Pinkmani:

The problem is always the person who can't make friends. Some people talk too much or are just plain annoying.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

yep...but this person doesn't get how their actions affect others, and dont' seem to realize how negative the attitude is either...and then blames everyone else for being a 'rotten friend'...oy

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know how to fix the problem if they can't see it for themselves. It's hard to tell someone hey if you''d wuit being so nhegative maybe peopole would like you or whatever they are doing.

Sometimes, even when we know we are doing something wrong it's hard to change who we are.

Pinkmani
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Um, are you talking about me? Because I have friends... As a matter of fact, my friends love the hell out of me because I'm fucking hilarious. I motivate them to do the things that they want to do. I will listen to them cry in the middle of the night. I'll take off from work to watch their kids so that they can have a day off. I'm a damn good friend. That's why we've been friends since high school. 

Quoting Anonymous:

and those are the ones who complain about 'no friends'...well, if you'd STOP talking for long enough to give someone a chance to answer you, then maybe you could actually have a conversation that is two way, rather than a one way dialogue

Quoting Pinkmani:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN