Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Our daughter has 3 boyfriends!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 120 Replies

I'm a room mom, and I was in class helping the teacher organize some stuff. BTW, DD is only 6. I observed the following:

-Brayden pulled out her chair when they came back from music.

-She chose Isaiah as her reading buddy, and he got the let her pick what book she wanted to read AND he got the beanbags. (I noticed that with the other kids, one person got the book and the other got the beanbags).

-She asked Juan to tie her shoelace and once he finished, he handed her something he drew for her.

Here's what happened when I picked her up from school:

Me: Why were Brayden, Isaiah, and Juan being so nice to you?

DD: Because they're my boyfriends...

Me: You mean, your friends who just so happen to be boys?

DD: No, they're my boyfriends. We hold hands, we share lunch, and we take turns on the swings.

Me: Jackie, you can't have 3 boyfriends at the same time.

DD: Mrs. Jones told us that we need to be friends with people of all colors. So, I need a white boyfriend, a black boyfriend, a Mexican boyfriend, and now I need an Asian boyfriend and an Indian boyfriend.

Me: Yeah, have FRIENDS of different colors, not boyfriends! That's adultery! (BTW, we're Episcopalian)

DD: Oh, yeah? Watch me!

We're black, and we live in one of the most ethnically diverse cities in America. It's a suburb of Houston that is 55% white, 19% black, 8% Hispanic, and 14% Asian (which includes Indian and Asian backgrounds because India is apart of Asia). The remaining 4% is other.

It's kind of cute, but then again it's not. I honestly don't know where to go from here, and my husband just laughs. Am I going overboard?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Quen
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:22 AM

All I've ever had were white boyfriends...

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Hmmm -.-
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
zebbyzebby06
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this
My dd ha a few too
Justin Bieber
Everyone from big time rush
Maroon 5
mom_of_one_2010
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:24 AM
4 moms liked this
Omg take a chill pill she is 6, she don't know the differance. She is trying to be nice and be friends with everyone.
GibsonSD92
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Woah..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:25 AM
15 moms liked this

totally overboard lol.

my 6yo son told me that he was going to marry one of the girls in his class. i asked him why he chose her and his response was that 'well she's my age, so..'. way to be selective son, way to be selective.

cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:26 AM
4 moms liked this
Better keep an eye on this girl, you have to admit she's a smart one. Only 6and she has boys doing her work for her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this

why are you putting so much emphasis on the RACES of the kids she's friends with???????!!!!!!!!

Thunderbug75
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:26 AM
9 moms liked this

This is one of the cutest stories I  have heard in awhile.  Personally, I would just laugh it off like your husband.  She is only six.  And remember this story for when she is older and brings her one boyfriend home to visit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:27 AM
2 moms liked this

I like that the teacher doesn't tell them to be friends with people who are nice to them and share interests, as long as they are all different colors.  Awesome.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)