Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who is right?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
I do private care nursing in Oklahoma and its tornado season. Last year we had a large tornado that destroyed some of our town. Well, my husband and I were talking and he is upset that if I couldn't get my 2 ladies in the basement I would stay in the hall way. He thinks its selfish to him and the kids. (Both ladies are in their mid 90's. one is very slow and the other is total assist and cannot get out of bed)

Who's right?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Him. They have lived a long life and family comes first.
Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I would say you're right. There are risks with everything you do in life. It's your job to take care of those ladies the best you can.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Thunderbug75
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:29 AM

I agree with you.  From my point of view it is my job to care for these ladies. And that includes during tornadoes.

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Him
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AnnLanders
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:32 AM
You are. If they were kids that you couldn't get to the basement, would there be any question that you should stay with them?
CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:37 AM
There is no question to me now. But to him I don't think he would have asked if I was with children. It's also a lot easier to carry a child to the basement. They have a basement here i am just the only one here with them. I don't know how to get them down

Quoting AnnLanders:

You are. If they were kids that you couldn't get to the basement, would there be any question that you should stay with them?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
But they are not kids. I would put my life in danger for a child but not an elderly person. They are over ninety ...come on, how much time do they really have left?

Quoting AnnLanders:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)