Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Jersey moms!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

Is Parsippany a safe area? I have to go there for work in a few months, and I've never been, so I'm debating having my husband come with. What are some neat things to do around there?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM

bump

Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Parsippany isn't a bad area. A friend of mine used to live there. Pretty suburban.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Good to know. I think I still may have him come though. I don't have an itinerary yet, but as far as I know I'm only there for one event, but they have me there for 3 days. Do you know how far away from NYC or the coast?

Quoting Snakecharm:

Parsippany isn't a bad area. A friend of mine used to live there. Pretty suburban.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:55 AM

bump

Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:58 AM
It's a bit further west then me, so it would probably take you about an hour to drive into NYC. You would probably be able to take a bus pretty easily into manhattan. It would take you 1:45 to get to Seaside Heights, maybe an hour or a little more to get to sandy hook. The boardwalk isn't rebuilt yet for seaside heights after hurricane sandy, but I think most of the stores and restaurants are open. There is just the beach at sandy hook but its a nIce beach. Point pleasant is probably about 1:15 and might be up and running. They have (or at least had) a nice boardwalk.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good to know. I think I still may have him come though. I don't have an itinerary yet, but as far as I know I'm only there for one event, but they have me there for 3 days. Do you know how far away from NYC or the coast?

Quoting Snakecharm:

Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Since you are coming in a few months I bet most of the boardwalks will be repaired by then. Where are you coming from?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Awesome, thanks! I'm coming from Pittsburgh, PA!

Quoting Snakecharm:

It's a bit further west then me, so it would probably take you about an hour to drive into NYC. You would probably be able to take a bus pretty easily into manhattan. It would take you 1:45 to get to Seaside Heights, maybe an hour or a little more to get to sandy hook. The boardwalk isn't rebuilt yet for seaside heights after hurricane sandy, but I think most of the stores and restaurants are open. There is just the beach at sandy hook but its a nIce beach. Point pleasant is probably about 1:15 and might be up and running. They have (or at least had) a nice boardwalk.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Snakecharm:

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:09 PM
It's a very safe area. About 45 min to manhattan and 1.5 hours to the beach.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Snakecharm:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN