Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

White families often adopt black children

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

But do black families ever adopt white children? 

White families often adopt asian children?

do asains ever adopt white babes?

This was something a group of us were discussing the other day. We came to the conclusion that we've never seen anyone other than white families adopting white babies. But we couldn't come to a solid reason why?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:48 AM
We need statistics people! Someone google it. We need a google master. Lol
AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:48 AM

No, there really aren't.

We were pondering adopting a child from foster care at some point.

When I look on my state's website of available children, 90% aren't Caucasian and for those who are Caucasian, about 50% of them are significantly disabled; the other 50% much old (teens) or admitted behavioural problems.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats silly, of course there are. 

Quoting inspain:

As far as I know, no.  But there really aren't as many white children available as black children, right?

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:48 AM

The cost? do you think minorities maybe don't have the same financial means as the white population? 

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

The cost of adoption? Statistically there are more AA children in foster care?

TheDoctorsWife
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:49 AM
I have no idea. Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mstricey
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:50 AM
I've read that it is easier for Black families to adopt black kids. It's hard for a black family to adopt of other races. Especially Asian. I've researched it a lot because I want to adopt.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:50 AM
No, Im saying that adopting out of foster care is less expensive then private adoption, and in the foster population there are more minority children

Quoting Anonymous:

The cost? do you think minorities maybe don't have the same financial means as the white population? 

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

The cost of adoption? Statistically there are more AA children in foster care?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Adopting an older child from foster care and adopting at birth are completely different things. 

Quoting AutymsMommy:

No, there really aren't.

We were pondering adopting a child from foster care at some point.

When I look on my state's website of available children, 90% aren't Caucasian and for those who are Caucasian, about 50% of them are significantly disabled; the other 50% much old (teens) or admitted behavioural problems.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats silly, of course there are. 

Quoting inspain:

As far as I know, no.  But there really aren't as many white children available as black children, right?

vvinkyloafer
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Hmm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beth3721
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I think you would have to do some research as to the number of minority children in foster care.  Also, if the majority of the population is still white, it would make sense that more white people are adopting.  To be honest, I have never know a minority couple to adopt.  But I'm from a mostly white area where the minorities are mostly from the Middle East and Africa.  They usually don't have educations or do much to succeed, with a few exceptions.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:52 AM
There are more white families adopting and more black/biracial babies being put up for adoption. Simple math.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)