Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

White families often adopt black children

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

But do black families ever adopt white children? 

White families often adopt asian children?

do asains ever adopt white babes?

This was something a group of us were discussing the other day. We came to the conclusion that we've never seen anyone other than white families adopting white babies. But we couldn't come to a solid reason why?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Replies (31-40):
LoveMyKBabies
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I know a black family that has 2 bio kids, 1 adopted white kid & one adopted asian kid. The white son is adopted from Russia & the asian daughter is adopted from Cambodia.

ETA: Their bio kids are both girls. So their white son is "carrying on" the family name. I think it's great :)

Anastacia1988
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I think it could also be the fact that more white people have more fertility issues then black people .... This would also mean they wouldn't adopt since they're more likely to birth their own
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Supply and demand I guess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I want to adopt one day. The cost is what gets me. I'll take any baby or small child. Not too many behavioral issues or severe disabilities only because we can't give them what they need and we have 3 kids. But i'll take any race.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Not really.

If you are willing ot adopt outside of your own race, even with an at birth placement, doors are opened considerably; whereas if you specify "white, good health" you are going to wait possibly years. That, to me, would infer (God, I mean no offense here, so please take none, lol) that there are more children who aren't Caucasian up for adoption (on any level - at birth or foster placements).

Quoting Anonymous:

Adopting an older child from foster care and adopting at birth are completely different things. 

Quoting AutymsMommy:

No, there really aren't.

We were pondering adopting a child from foster care at some point.

When I look on my state's website of available children, 90% aren't Caucasian and for those who are Caucasian, about 50% of them are significantly disabled; the other 50% much old (teens) or admitted behavioural problems.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats silly, of course there are. 

Quoting inspain:

As far as I know, no.  But there really aren't as many white children available as black children, right?

TishHughes
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:05 AM
I don't know but if I did adopt, I wouldn't adopt outside of my race.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Ikn my my dh is Mexican and his brother is adopting 2 white kids.
AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:07 AM

In my state it costs NOTHING to adopt from foster care.

On that note, be careful. It isn't my wish to discourage foster care or adoption from foster care, but... be careful.

Quoting Anonymous:

I want to adopt one day. The cost is what gets me. I'll take any baby or small child. Not too many behavioral issues or severe disabilities only because we can't give them what they need and we have 3 kids. But i'll take any race.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Not really.

If you are willing ot adopt outside of your own race, even with an at birth placement, doors are opened considerably; whereas if you specify "white, good health" you are going to wait possibly years. That, to me, would infer (God, I mean no offense here, so please take none, lol) that there are more children who aren't Caucasian up for adoption (on any level - at birth or foster placements).

Quoting Anonymous:

Adopting an older child from foster care and adopting at birth are completely different things. 

Quoting AutymsMommy:

No, there really aren't.

We were pondering adopting a child from foster care at some point.

When I look on my state's website of available children, 90% aren't Caucasian and for those who are Caucasian, about 50% of them are significantly disabled; the other 50% much old (teens) or admitted behavioural problems.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats silly, of course there are. 

Quoting inspain:

As far as I know, no.  But there really aren't as many white children available as black children, right?

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

CrimsonRadiance
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Why not? My boys know all about black culture. 

Quoting Anonymous:

i dont know but i don't like it becuase white people can't fully teach black kids about the black culture.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:12 AM
oh please pull your head out of your ass

Quoting Anonymous:

i dont know but i don't like it becuase white people can't fully teach black kids about the black culture.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Because adoption agencies usually try to keep babies with families of their own race and most families want to adopt children of their own race. However, there is usually a surplus of white families wanting to adopt and a surplus of black babies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured