Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm the evil stepmother they warned you about

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
DH goes to work 1-5 today, I am home with 3 of our 4 kids. His 2 sons, 14 and 7 are here and our 2 year old together. DH is stressed (as usual like he always is when there is more than 2 kids around)
There was just a blow up with the XW who is trying to put a wall between 14SS and I by convincing him that I am the "good for nothing woman" who is just Dad's wife or maybe a taxi once in a while. When 14SS and 7SS are here they park their butts in front of the XBox while Dad goes to work and my 2 year old dances around trying to get their attention.
DH just basically sat 14SS down and said that pretty much 14SS and I couldn't be "friends" because this upsets XW and DH and 14SS don't want to hear XW bitch. Basically I'm supposed to act like 14SS doesn't exist until he is under our roof. And even then, if 14SS has a problem he is supposed to bring it to DH, not me.

But while DH is at work, I can watch the kids! Yay!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:24 PM
6 moms liked this

Your dh sounds like a weak man. :-(

SCMommy78
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:26 PM

That's definitely an unhealthy situation.  What would happen is DH stood up to her?  I feel bad for you and SS

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow. Crazy, messed up group. Poor kids.. Your husband is out of his mind. Your step children are not your babysitter. You all are going to permanently fuck this kid up. 

Lizardannie1966
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:27 PM
3 moms liked this

That would not fly with me.

Either this man and their Mom help open the doors of communication so you can build a relationship with their boy's, or you are no longer the built-in babysitter.

MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Wow that's a shitty situation your dh and the xw sound like assholes.
Imo the more people that love my children and want to care for them the better.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this
stand up to him, just because you don't work does it mean that the house is not yours. Either the children respect you while they're there or your husband needs to find a babysitter or daycare center for them to go
time_warp
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow. You need a need husband
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Someone needs to tell XW she put her tampon in the wrong hole and they need to let your DH know that the sack between his legs is supposed to hold a pair of balls.

I suggest you start calling XW every time her sons need discipline, to come handle it.
bugsmama149
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:31 PM

It always amazes me when exes don't put the kids 1st because of their animousity toward the new spouse. It's so stupid. Why does she think you're good for nothing? Has your relationship with her been rocky the whole time? You'd think she'd want harmony between you and her son instead of trying to make things difficult for him, you and your dh. Sounds like she needs to grow up and start putting her anger/jealousy aside for the sake of the family's well being.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Well its not like they 14 year old needs a babysitter and I love how you mention that they don't pay attention to your 2 year old....of course they don't they are 14 and 7. He is to old for yoou to parent any way
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)