Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SD11 caught stealing from

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies

I'm waiting for my SD to get home from BM's house. I cleared off her bed to do laundry for spring cleaning (doing whole house) and in a dirty sock I found my DD'd rosary from a dear friend, broken, and some of my earrings and bracelets. Under her pillow was some of my girls makeup and nail polish. Also found was wrappers from snacks I bought that my own son got blamed for taking. My DH is not even reacting even though he'd go ballistic if it were my kids. She's not here yet tho so I'm hoping he steps up. Just so angry and needed to vent. Thanks.frustrated

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Eh, not that big of a deal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Since when is stealing from somebody not a big deal? I would have got my butt whopped if I did that as a child.

SoKamele
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:40 PM

If DH doesn't step up.....I'd be going ballistic.

She needs to learn.

redhead-bedhead
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Thievery isn't a big deal?

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Eh, not that big of a deal.

jojo_star
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I think your biggest problem is that they are YOUR kids and HIS kids, that is no way to build a healthy family and raise healthy kids. Sit the girl down and talk to her, explain why this is wrong, and make sure your dh is there as well, the punish her appropriately. 

LiliM
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Lol. Cue all the mean step mom comments combined with be nice to the poor kid rants.

Tell DH he gets one shot to handle it or you will. No kids steal in our home without consequences.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
volcom6980
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:44 PM
3 moms liked this
I wouldn't care if that was my kid or my hubby's kid because when we married they would have became both of ours! Either way whoever did it would be getting a butt whooping and a trip to the police station for a good scare! I don't put up with stealing or lying!
Anastacia1988
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Sounds like she's jealous And is envious of her fathers new family IMO ... Try to be firm and compassionate I'm sure it's because she feels like the outsider
jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Kids do things like that. Mine do, anyway. Little girls love to get into moms makeup and jewelry. And all kids love junk food. It is nothing to be furious about on either end (you or husband)
jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Quoting redhead-bedhead:

How can one steal from their own home? I don't understand this way of.looking at things.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)