Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hair stylists, I need help, please!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

Hey, ladies. I'm going to be getting my hair cut next week, I'm donating it. I think afterwards my hair will be either just past or right at my shoulders.

I live in OK, it gets crazy humid here in the spring and summer. The shorter my hair is, the more prone I am to frizz, poofiness and curling. I can straighten my hair and it will look perfect, then go outside and within an hour, it's poofed out to two or three times its size, get all frizzy, and the ends will curl a bit. That's why I like to keep my hair longer, because it doesn't do those things nearly as bad with all the add weight.

My question is, can you recommend any hair products that wont make my hair greasy, but will keep all the poof, frizz and curl away? Oh yeah, and my hair type is weird. I don't really know what it is, I've been told two different things. It's silky soft and fine, but I have so much that it appears to be thick.....either that, or it is super thick and just happens to be silky and soft too. Lol.

Please help. I really don't want to wear my hair up all summer, so any advice would be amazing! Thanks for reading!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xtina8817
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:06 PM

I'm a big fan of Big Sexy Hair and Aveda. They both have a product that's a silk serum to hold your hair den when it's humid. When my hair was long I'd run just a pump or 2 through my suuuuuuper ridiculous thick hair and straighten it. Worked all day and usually I wouldn't have to wash it the next day, no grease. Just touch up and go. It's been almost a year that I've sed them high so I can't remember the names. I'm fax hawed now lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Quoting xtina8817:

I'm a big fan of Big Sexy Hair and Aveda. They both have a product that's a silk serum to hold your hair den when it's humid. When my hair was long I'd run just a pump or 2 through my suuuuuuper ridiculous thick hair and straighten it. Worked all day and usually I wouldn't have to wash it the next day, no grease. Just touch up and go. It's been almost a year that I've sed them high so I can't remember the names. I'm fax hawed now lol

Thanks!

xtina8817
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Holy typos, batman! Sorry I didn't proofread lol. That's *down, *used, and *faux hawked. Typing too fast on my iPad lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting xtina8817:

Thanks!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Quoting xtina8817:

Holy typos, batman! Sorry I didn't proofread lol. That's *down, *used, and *faux hawked. Typing too fast on my iPad lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting xtina8817:

Thanks!

Lol no worries, I'm on my iPad too....it happens to me all the time!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Bump!

Jade_Lufercus
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:22 PM

The same thing happens to me, and I HATE it. I use different anti-frizz shampoos, switching after I'm done with each one so they stay effective. I also use Redkin's Smooth Down. When your hair is slightly damp after you get out of the shower just squirt some on your hands, then run your hands through your hair, paying attention to the ends. Then you can either blow dry your hair or do what I do and let it dry naturally. I also take a comb through it to keep it straight. My hair is still bouncy and full afterwaters but not poofy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Quoting Jade_Lufercus:

The same thing happens to me, and I HATE it. I use different anti-frizz shampoos, switching after I'm done with each one so they stay effective. I also use Redkin's Smooth Down. When your hair is slightly damp after you get out of the shower just squirt some on your hands, then run your hands through your hair, paying attention to the ends. Then you can either blow dry your hair or do what I do and let it dry naturally. I also take a comb through it to keep it straight. My hair is still bouncy and full afterwaters but not poofy.

Thanks!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Bump!

MaryCimino
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Leave conditioner in your hair for three minutes in the shower. Also Aussie works for my hair, I have frizzy hair and I use this trick, I live in AR and know what it's like.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a hair stylist and I recommend Paul Mitchell products. Their smoothing line is fantastic. I live in Florida where it gets to be 108 degrees with 100% humidity. I have the same hair type you explained. I's very fine but there is a lot of it. I also have curly/wavy/frizzy hair. I use the Paul Mitchell super skinny serum, super skinny relaxing balm, and straight works. I can flat iron my hair and it straights straight and smooth for 2-3 days depending on if I sweat(if I get sweaty my hair gets wet and the curl returns). I also recommend the Paul Mitchell smoothing iron to help smooth your hair and control frizz. Several of my clients like the Paul Mitchell smoothing shampoo. I do not personally like it on my hair because I feel it drys it out. I like the Paul Mitchell Super Strong shampoo and conditioner because it repairs the damage I do to my hair with color and heat. I will post another picture below of what the plates look like on the smoothing iron. I prefer the one with green plates because it makes the hair smoother.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)