Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Living in a hotel/motel

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:55 PM
  • 41 Replies
Have you ever had to or know someone who has had to for an extended period? Not for a vacation or while your house was fumigated but long enough that your kids went to school from there? I haven't but I know at least 3 different families who have and am wondering if that's normal everywhere.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:56 PM
My brother did for a while as no family member trusted him in their homes. He was early 20s.
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:00 PM
I did with my mom for about a month at a motel 6, it was right after she left my dad and she was waiting to get a house.

we sort of did recently at a holiday inn, in San Diego for 3 Weeks we were there for business so we sort of made a vacation out of it to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:06 PM
When I worked at a club a lot of strippers lived in motels and paid by the night. Those ones usually had issues though.
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:08 PM

no

armywifey26
by Krissy on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:09 PM

We lived on a campsite for 4 months when I was younger. I had to share a 2 man tent with our doberman and my younger sister who wet the bed :/

flcowgrl23
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I did for 3 months. Cooked everything on a gas grill the hotel owner provided. Thankfully it was summer and they had apool. Washed clothing by hand in the tub, walked two miles for groceries. Used a Coleman cooler fridge for a fridge in the room. It want so bad but I didn't have kids then.
Kierri
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:12 PM

DH and I lived in motel for a month after just two months of being married. It's a long and tiring story, but we made it through!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:13 PM

a cousin of mine did for a few months.

He was living with me and my mom and DS along with his gf and DD. I caught him selling drugs out front of our house, told my mom, he denied it, then a week later my mom walked in on him shooting up in his room. She kicked them out, and they went to stay at a hotel. I have no idea how long he was there nor do I care. 

(his DD (2 i think) went to stay with his GFs mom for the time being)

Lalalie
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:15 PM

When I was a kid, yeah.

livyla
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:15 PM

no....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)