Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Caring for your children while on medication?

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:19 PM
  • 14 Replies

Do you do it?  I am talking medication that is prescribed and can cause side effects like sleepiness or dizziness.

I for one don't like doing it.  When I get any kind of medication that says it could dause drowsiness or anything like that I have to avoid it because it will make me pass out lol.  I am a one hit wonder when it comes to those things.  

What about you?

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I have to care for my children while medicated. Then again, me not medicated is scarier.

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I am on high doses of nerve medication twice a day. I have not taken it today because I have to get this place cleaned up. It is a disaster. The most I have managed to get done is the dishes every night.

kdloves.
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:23 PM
I don't take meds. Just wanna read the replies. I've told DF I will NOT be leaving our ds alone with his mom bc she's on a bunch of meds.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ecerka
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:23 PM
I do but I take the lowest dose possible and I have been on them so long that they don't make me tired or dizzy anymore.
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:24 PM
If I had to be on meds then I would be.
blues_pagan
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:24 PM

This I understand.  I think if I were either more off without meds or if I were in extreme pain I would take meds no issue since they would make me function better.  

Quoting purpleducky:

I have to care for my children while medicated. Then again, me not medicated is scarier.

armywifey26
by Krissy on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't have a choice. Who else would watch them? 

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I have before... 

Luckily, I do not need that long list of meds any longer.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:28 PM

No, I choose to refuse any and all pain medications that are offered to me. I need to be at my sharpest while caring for kids. Once they are out of the house who knows, maybe it will be time for those Oxi's 

daisykat
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I take meds for lupus and the degenerative joint issues it's caused for me. I function just fine. If I didn't believe me, hubby would point it out. I try not to take stuff that makes me sleepy. Many women have to take mood-altering medication but they're the only parent available for whatever reason, and you just do the best you can.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN