Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

so quick to judge PA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies
1 mom liked this
Since so many of you are so quick to judge. Do you think you could survive on $800 a month without PA. Pay all of your bills, buy food, medical care for your children? Could you do it even if you cut back? SO many of you say "I will never get PA" what would you do if you income was cut in half or you were forced to make it on $800 a month? would you do it than?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dlock25
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Obviously no. To survive like we are now we need at least $5500 per month. That's minimum. $200 a week can't be a full time job.....I work one day a week and make $120 per week. If you make only that much you need to be working more.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
edelweiss23
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Yes.
I pay all our bills and get our groceries with$500 a month.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:25 PM
My mortgage is twice that so no I could not. I also don't bash PA a lot of my friends are on it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Obviously no. To survive like we are now we need at least $5500 per month. That's minimum. $200 a week can't be a full time job.....I work one day a week and make $120 per week. If you make only that much you need to be working more.

It can if you only make minimum wage?  full time hours can start at 32 hours a week. some people have no choice , they take what they can get and sometimes that is all the get. $800 is in the middle of what i can make. I can bring home any where between $700 to a $1000 a month there were a few months where it was between $1100 and $1200.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:33 PM
3 moms liked this

I will never understand why people need to come on here and justify their reasons why they receive PA. Why do you care if they are judging you? You must feel some guilt or some amount of shame for being on PA to even make a "what if" post. 

Fortunately, I have never needed PA. But if there ever came a time where I needed it to feed my family, then so be it. I would never feel the need to explain myself or my situation to a bunch of strangers on the internet

ChocolateJunky
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:36 PM

You do what you have to do is best for your family, even if that means putting your pride aside. People will always be quick to judge. Don't worry what others think of you, and honestly it's no one's business but your own. GL.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh OP, don't you know? This could NEVER happen to the haters! Never! They will never be faced with any kind of adversity. They could never lose their jobs or have their hours cut! They could never have an accident or fall ill making them unable to make a living, never! You see, what they live in is what's called a "fantasy world". Where hubby brings home a 100 grand a year and wifey brings home an additional 70 grand a year.  The companies they work for could NEVER close or go bankrupt! Oh they would work 12 jobs if they had to rather than take money from welfare.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Quoting edelweiss23:

Yes.
I pay all our bills and get our groceries with$500 a month.
so do you own? live in government housing/ hud housing? live with someone? Have a room mate? Who pays for children Insurance? There is no way you could be paying for your children Insurance and pay all of your bills and buy food with that. I have paid for Insurance full Insurance before.
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Ooh stop it with your logic. It won't matter to the haters, they'll still hate.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN