Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm so very clever...and redneck - PICS

Posted by   + Show Post

If you have read my posts, you know my great pyrenees kept jumping the fence. If you weren't aware, now you are. Well, my HOA was none to happy about it and we looked into buying and underground fence. It was $250!!!!

So I just got some of my metal cheap fencing that I put around my garden and added it to the top of the chain link. I showed the head of the HOA and she said it was not only pretty, but you can't even see it unless you are right in front of it!

$20 vs. $250 - I WIN

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Replies (21-27):
mamabear55
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Thank you

Quoting Mrs.Torres2566:

It doesn't look bad at all.

Quoting mamabear55:

Put a couple up 

Quoting Mrs.Torres2566:

I want to see a pic.

ChloeDolce1
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:04 PM
If the regular fence wasn't a deterrent I'm not sure that extra but will make a difference

Quoting mamabear55:

yes she could, lol. very easily, but she sees it and remembers she's not supposed to. it's more of a deterrent

Quoting KanPsMommy:

I'm trying to visualize this. I mean if she got a running start would she still be able to jump it?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I know pyrenese are big dogs that's why I asked lol. How high is your fence now?

Quoting mamabear55:

yes she could, lol. very easily, but she sees it and remembers she's not supposed to. it's more of a deterrent

Quoting KanPsMommy:

I'm trying to visualize this. I mean if she got a running start would she still be able to jump it?

FL2AK
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Smart thinking!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:09 PM
I tried the electric fence with my boxer....the turd dug it up and destroyed the wire!!! Nobody ever called her dumb. She jumps my 6ft privacy fence. Only sometimes. I have to stand at the window or in the backyard with her so she won't try it. Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Birdseed
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Originally, we had PetSafe brand from PetSmart--under ground wire that my DH installed himself--probably lke what you're looking at. BUT, then the neighbors did the same and because the frequencies were the same, it basically canceled out the signal.

So we went to the Invisible Fence brand because they can modify the signal frequency so that if other people in the neighborhood have systems, yours sitll works.  The over the counter types you buy on your own all operate on one frequency.  It was around 1500 to do a little over an acre plus the two collars (250 each) and the wall unit.  

When I had fence re-laid at our new house by Inisible fence, it was a 250 minimum.  We tried to lay the wire ourselves but had a weird configuration and we couldn't make it work. It was kind of tricky.  So that 250 was just for someone to come out and lay the wire we already had.  We had the collars and the wall unit already.

Quoting kattu:

Wreck just bought one and it was 250, including shipping and extra wire because our yard is kind of big. What kind did you get? Did you have it installed?

Quoting Birdseed:

I can't believe that the underground was only 250!

It was 250 to put it in around our 20x20 new little crap yard and that was with us already owning the unit!  

NIce work on the fix.  hope it works.

Sarahb21
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:53 PM

She called that pretty? I mean, great idea, but I personally don't think it's pretty. But a nice temp fix.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)