Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i should have never done it

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Its sad really to realize I feel i made a mistake 5 years ago, which could have me lose my beautiful little girls.

Today I wish I would have never talked to their father, never married him or had sex with him. But I dont wanna take back my dds. I have no friends only tv/video game playing hubby. Today hes called me a b. I dont want to be here, i want a home away from him, but have no means to provide care for the children. So naturally he would get to keep them. Which makes me scream inside to think of my babys without their mother.

Im over saddened that im even considering going through with it, im unhappy, and stressed all the time, its not healthy, and i dont know what else to do.

I would love a friend to talk to but I dont have one. I love being a stay at home mom, just am tired of no respect from my husband. I believe half of the reason if not more of the reason he doesnt respect me is because i dont bring anything into the home. Things were great before dd1 was born and i was working part time. But they are not great now.

Only times he pays attention to me is when im cooking because he wants to know what im fixing. Or when he wants sex. Its just sad i am ignored the remainder along with the kids. His routine is have allarm on for an hour before getting up so it wakes me up and dd2. Then complain about me being in the kitchen when hes getting ready for work, then leave for work. Get home at 4 pm and sit on couch only moving to get up to pee, or grab dinner plate and sit back at the tv. Mean while i give the kids chores which arent done because dad calls em to watch tv, saying it can be done later. Then he bitches when i yell to get the kids todo their chores.

The weekends are him staring at the tv playing video games alone, while everyone else sits and watches, and i do house work. I ask for help i get okay one minute, and no help. He says im over reacting they are just moving slow, really still playing video games, and im still cleaning.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:58 PM

if you aren't happy leave. if you can't leave find away to accept the situation enough to be happier for your kids.

if I was in your shoes though I would leave

csxt99
by Jennifer on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Time to dose his food with Ex-Lax.  That'll get him off the couch!  In all seriousness, why do you think you would lose your kids if you left him or tossed him out on his ass?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:04 PM
I have no job and would be homeless. Pluss he said he would never let me take his girls his ex took their dd and ha hasnt seen her since shes now 12. He said he doesnt wanna loose these too.

Quoting csxt99:

Time to dose his food with Ex-Lax.  That'll get him off the couch!  In all seriousness, why do you think you would lose your kids if you left him or tossed him out on his ass?  

csxt99
by Jennifer on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:13 PM

If you're married and he's the breadwinner, then he can be made to pay you alimony until you get on your feet. Unless he can prove that you are an unfit mother, he can't legally take them from you.  If he doesn't want to help and you are isolated and miserable, which I suspect he did so you can't leave him, then tell him to change his ways or else.  If you want to work it out, then he needs to be willing to work on it, too.  It won't work if both of you aren't trying to fix it.  If he's not willing to make any changes, then you have to go.  Staying in the marriage is not doing you or your children any favors if you're just going to be miserable.  That misery has already trickled down to your kids.  

gabrielsmommy04
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:24 PM

the other mothers are right he can not take your kids from you because you are a sahm. while not all states provide alimony or spousal support they do provide child support and child support is based on the nicome of both parents and even in states that don't give alimony if you can show a judge that you are working towards providing for your children a lot of times they will order a higher amount of child support until the mother can get on her feet fincinally. unless he can prove you are a unfit mother you will most likely have some kind of shared custody agreement unless you can prove he is an unfit father. but a lot of states will order some type of mediatition before a divoce or child support is put in place. my advice is to contact a family law attorney and find out your options and what the laws are in your state and area. most attorneys give free consultations.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN