Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is it with some men when you date them.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

They hardly know you, and they are giving you money, buying you $800 Kittens. All the guys who I have been in serious relationships have been like this from the beginning.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vindicated
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:28 PM
4 moms liked this

i have never wanted an 800 kitten.

and im too dependent to take money like that.

i dunno. i like old fashioned dating. dinner, movies, premarital sex.

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:28 PM
3 moms liked this
That kitten better shit gold.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Sounds odd. As if the men think you only want their money. Why do they seem to think that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:31 PM
I have dated guys who offered me things like that. I decline the offers and buy it myself. I date men for a good time not for stuff.
Kerannmer
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I dated a couple of men who were trying to give me expensive gifts early on. It made me very uncomfortable, as if they were trying to "buy" me. It made me think that if they wanted to buy me, they'd later want to own me.

When I met my husband, he impressed me with his sense of humor, his honesty, his personality, and his great ass; it was only after we knew that we were in love that I found out he was freaking loaded, lol.

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:40 PM

That just sounds weird. I dated a guy once who tried to buy me a really expensive team jersey on our first date (we went to a basketball game). I kept refusing, and he kept insisting on trying to buy me expensive stuff. It made me feel like he was trying to buy me, and honestly, it was creepy and a real turn-off. It was our first, and last date. No other guy I have dated has tried to do anything like that. 

JanineDeer
by Janine on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Cause men DO this... IF you are worth it- and make them "hunt" you.   I loved it.  Never had to pay for a thing all my "adult" life because of the generosity of men...... 

You have to hold for these good ones.. and the ones with MONEY.  

I DO not understand ANY woman who falls for men who are "needy" in any way- or losers or so broke they ask the woman for money................

hahah yes, I love men with money and ambition and who love to spend it on you.

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:43 PM

What kind of kitten cost $800?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Good Point!

Quoting Kerannmer:

I dated a couple of men who were trying to give me expensive gifts early on. It made me very uncomfortable, as if they were trying to "buy" me. It made me think that if they wanted to buy me, they'd later want to own me.

When I met my husband, he impressed me with his sense of humor, his honesty, his personality, and his great ass; it was only after we knew that we were in love that I found out he was freaking loaded, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I like to be wined and dined and treated well and receive appropriate gifts on special occassions like my birthday but for someone to just hand me expensive gifts out of the blue would be odd.  Like they want to buy my affection or sex (icky, like a prostitute) or they are so insecure about themselves, all very unappealing prospects.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)