Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

shut up shut up SHUT UP!!!!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:59 PM
  • 40 Replies
My husband just got home from 1 year in Korea. Were all still adjusting to him being home. The kids and I are trying our hardest to work him on to our routine, and work with his added routine. The thing is, is he doesn't seem to care, that we have a 1 year old who needs naps and a 6 year old that has bedtimes and school and school work. It's driving me nuts. Like right now the kids are both sleeping then all of the sudden he will bust out with this extremely LOUD, unholy loud, laugh cus something was just a little funny on tv.... Woke both of the kids and he just says. Oh well they will go back to sleep eventually. Yeah after *I* fight with them for a good hour. Ugh. I know were all adjusting but Damnit. He does Shit like that all the time.... We were talking about when we could go see his family. How we could work it around the oldests school. He said in front of our 6 to. "idk why you're so worried about it. He can miss school, its not like school is really that important, he's just in 1st grade" our son takes what daddy says to heart. He listens and wants to be and do everything just like daddy. so now my 6yo whole heartedly believes that school doesn't matter "because daddy said so" aaarrrrgh. He's been home a week and I already want to junk punch him. I love my husband dearly, but this stuff is driving me batty. Help! I don't even know what kinda help I'm lookin for. I just know I need help!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
audreesmama
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:01 PM
...is he still AD? Going from AD to civilian status is incredibly difficult.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Talk to home about it. He does have a point about school. We took ds out of school here and there. I would take him a day or two and make a long weekend.
EvaTheDiva29
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:02 PM
4 moms liked this

yea, i couldn't, and wouldn't put up with that. im assuming he is military, which is great, and i thank him, but he can't just come waltzing back after a year and just mess everything up. kids need structure and schedules and stuff. he needs to understand. 

poshkat
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Lolat junk punch. You need to talk to him asap calmly. All of you need to get used to everything and it's not an overnight thing. He needs to speak with your son about the school thing. If dh ever said that I would sooooo junk ounch him into next week.
kaidansmylife
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Yes he's still ad. Just on leave before we PCs.

Quoting audreesmama:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Awe. I know it's hard momma. But give a little. It's really hard on him. And that's not to say its not hard on you as well. Find a babysitter. Is that possible? You guys need some time together. I know it sucks but it's ok for schedules to get off for a bit. He'll work into the routine soon enough.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Lol I know just what you mean. It's hard having to adjust to having you DH home. Just be patient and thankful that he's there. Good luck! :)

audreesmama
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:04 PM
It's super super hard adjusting from deployment to family life. He was somewhere that he wasn't as responsible for his family and now he has to be. It's a major change. It took me a few weeks to a month to adjust after I returned from each deployment.

Quoting kaidansmylife:

Yes he's still ad. Just on leave before we PCs.

Quoting audreesmama:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:05 PM
It's only been a week and there is DO much adjusting to do. Of course that doesn't excuse him being inconsiderate but both sides will have to give to get life going again.
You both need to sit down and talk, without little ears and discuss this then work together to make it happen. Both of the things you've listed are not terrible things so you should both easily overcome this issue.
Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Give it time. It is hard for him too, remember.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)