Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

nanny issues

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:23 PM
  • 10 Replies

please help me be ojective. here's the situation:

I hired in late august to work on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4 to 8 pm and Sundays from 1 to 5. She knew that Tuesdays I was going to work out from home and the other 2 days I needed her to be around while I was at home trying to do some work and being at home with my toddler as well.I told her that occasionaly I might needed her for a few hours on a Sat but without losing her regular Sun hours if that was the case.

She stood me up a couple of times and asked me to switch Sunday for Sat and I have agreed. She showed up 30 minutes early many times making me feel that I needed to pay for those extra 30 minutes since she gets paid by the hour. After I told her that we may not be home and that i'd appreciate it if she could call if she was going to be extra early, she stopped. Also, one Sunday she was 30 minutes late and I had an appointment so I told her it was better for her not to come at all since I had to leave home with the baby to make it to my appointment.If I didnt show up I was going to be charged.

Well she knows from mid Feb that I needed her this Sat, April 13th for 4 hours.She said it was ok. Then today as she is leaving, I told her that I was flexible about the hours she wanted to do on Sunday 14th and she told me that she wasn't sure if she could work on Sunday.

By the way, I should also menton one other issue. Early March, she told  me that she could not come Tuesdays anymore or at least for sometime. First she said that she could  not make it because her husband has different hours at work and he could not pick her up. Then she started telling me that she could but only starting at 5: 30 and she believed it was too late for me. I think her issue is that the lady she works for on Tuesday morning might have asked her to work longer hours and she has been with her longer than with me. I told her that I was ok with not having her help on Tuesdays during march but April and May are tough months for me and I was probably going to look for help for that day.

anyway, with all these issues, am I really seeing a problem or is there a problem?

I think she doesnt really need these hours and she does whatever she feels like doing. My son is happy with her and she helps by playing and doing minor cleaning but...so many buts

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ballerossandra
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:23 PM

am I really demanding?

headingsouth13
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:25 PM

find a new nanny

Luv_my_hubby
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Sounds like she doesn't really want the job. I would find someone new.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:58 PM
i dont think you're being that demanding. i mean, you've told her what you wanted. if she couldn't do it and it conflicted with something, she could have told you.

does she not have her own transportation? i wouldn't employ anyone without their own transportation...not as a nanny anyway.

and i dont really drive much myself...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2b2many
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I'd find a new one... she doesn't seem reliable.

I'm going to sound like a jerk... I have a nanny who doesn't drive herself either; so she gets rides from friends and family; that is my biggest problem... because she always has to check to see if she has a ride... and her rides are on their own schedules.

ysnicholas
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM
I would find a new nanny. Go to care.com. Thats where my family found me.
lilmama2be
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Agreed. There are always nannies looking for work. You are the employer. You set the hours. She is the employee. If she cannot work when she is needed (for whatever reason) then it is time to find someone else.

Quoting Luv_my_hubby:

Sounds like she doesn't really want the job. I would find someone new.

Mcelly
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Find a new nanny. Maybe she got too comfortable w you.
You are the employer, you tell her what to do.
BeAmour
by Tonya on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:11 AM

angieslist.com has nannies looking for jobs. Find one who really wants a job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN