Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Facebook was hacked

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:52 PM
  • 15 Replies

Mobile Photo

Anyone ever has this happen? I logged on from my laptop and saw this update in my newsfeed. I thought that I was seeing things because I never update my status. I only have this account to visit a certain group and see what's going on with my job. I don't have a "mamaw" and when this status was posted, I was getting ready to leave the house so I definitely wasn't on Facebook. So friggin' weird. I changed my password but I have no idea how someone posted from my account and was mobile.......unless my house is haunted cause my grandmothers are both dead but today was a really nice day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CjEmmemommy
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:54 PM
That is an odd update for a hacker. Do you know. Wiloden? Seems that would be grandmas last name...
Ob and if you look through your privacy setting you will find approved devices. It will show you what kjndnof device and from where your account has been logged in. Mine said ipad from Texas and mobile from Colorado, which worried me till I rembered I have a Colorado number:))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AdensMommy1107
by Emerald Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:55 PM
That's a really odd hack..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ittyprincess604
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:57 PM

how old are your kids? DS has gotten on my facebook from my ipod, and though he cant really spell yet has updated my status to a bunch of numbers and letters. 

Tinabee88
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Well some hackers are getting creative and if you have people on your page you don't personally know the hacker can squeeze money out of them by saying you're stuck in a foreign country and your injured. It's happening more and more and change your email's password too.

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM
sometimes if i leave my phone in the back my employees post stuff about me being a tyrant. it'll be like 'man! i sure love being a douche and making tracey climb into the loft!'

lol. they think they're cute. i get them back though. i always get them back when i tag them in photos during floorsets looking like a hot mess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I've only been hacked once and that was by my daughter who commented on a weird video on Youtube. My own fault for not logging out before letting her on the computer.

TishHughes
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Quoting ittyprincess604:

how old are your kids? DS has gotten on my facebook from my ipod, and though he cant really spell yet has updated my status to a bunch of numbers and letters. 

My daughter is 4 so I know that she didn't do that, lol. If it were random letters and numbers, yeah.

TishHughes
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Quoting AdensMommy1107:

That's a really odd hack..

I know! That's why I was so dang confused.

Mommy2b2many
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:05 AM

LOL change your password... did a friend have access to your fb... my firend always post weird crap when I forget to log off

angie729
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:05 AM

A friend of mine posted today that her date of marriage had been changed. Her profile picture was of her brother..she did not put that pic for her profile pic. It was strange... Maybe facebook is having some issues.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN