Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Common pregnancy fear? Please help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 119 Replies
I have this debilitating fear that I won't survive during birth of my baby, I cry about it because I'm so scared to leave my son! I was terrified of my baby not making it and now this fear has hit so badly! I can't even set things up for my baby idk why, I'm just shutting myself down about thinking about a baby. I have no idea why, I'm just so so scared. I can't picture myself giving birth or even holding a baby. I try to imagine it but I can't. With my son I imagined everything, I was so overjoyed and set up all of his stuff at 25 weeks, I'm now 32 weeks and I haven't set things up, I'm too scared, something keeps telling me not to.

Has anyone ever felt this way? Is this anxiety or is my intuition trying to tell me something?

Ever since I found out the sex things just haven't felt right, I can't get attached and I've always wanted a girl. Uhhh

Please tell me some positive outcomes so I can try and ease these thoughts, thank you!

ETA: I've also been having a lot of heart palpitations along with my heart mur mur so that worries me too.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Bump
Anonymous
Bump
Anonymous
Bump
lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Please talk to your Dr about this. I hope it gets better for you. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:10 AM

The heart palpitations are directly caused by your anxiety!  It is not something to worry about, but you do need to learn how to relax for your own sanity and health of your baby.  

Ayshren
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:10 AM

I never dealt with those fears:( Im sorry youre dealing with that! I hope things get better.

waffa
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:11 AM

run of the mill anxiety; talk to your ob/gyn about what you can take to alleviate it if anything.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have this debilitating fear that I won't survive during birth of my baby, I cry about it because I'm so scared to leave my son! I was terrified of my baby not making it and now this fear has hit so badly! I can't even set things up for my baby idk why, I'm just shutting myself down about thinking about a baby. I have no idea why, I'm just so so scared. I can't picture myself giving birth or even holding a baby. I try to imagine it but I can't. With my son I imagined everything, I was so overjoyed and set up all of his stuff at 25 weeks, I'm now 32 weeks and I haven't set things up, I'm too scared, something keeps telling me not to.

Has anyone ever felt this way? Is this anxiety or is my intuition trying to tell me something?

Ever since I found out the sex things just haven't felt right, I can't get attached and I've always wanted a girl. Uhhh

Please tell me some positive outcomes so I can try and ease these thoughts, thank you!

ETA: I've also been having a lot of heart palpitations along with my heart mur mur so that worries me too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beware! Thar be trolls in these here threads. wink

CuriousArentYa
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:11 AM

I did not have that fear with any of mine except my last pregnancy. My husband and I were going through some tough times and my life seemed like it couldn't get any worse. I hemorrhaged with our first born and I prayed that I would again with the twins but this time die. Of course when it came time to deliver the twins everything had turned around, but I was scared that my prayers from months prior would be answered. Obviously, I made it out just fine and so will you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:14 AM
I've had them before pregnancy, but they have been getting worse, it scares me a lot. I've tried relaxing but this feeling isn't going away, I've even been doing yoga since the beginning and it hasn't helped, it worries me to no end because I wasn't like this at all with my son.

Quoting Anonymous:

The heart palpitations are directly caused by your anxiety!  It is not something to worry about, but you do need to learn how to relax for your own sanity and health of your baby.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Thank you!

Quoting Ayshren:

I never dealt with those fears:( Im sorry youre dealing with that! I hope things get better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)