Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does it get easier? Lost my dad 7 years ago today.

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:06 AM
  • 24 Replies

I lost my Dad April 8, 2006. That date haunts me every year. I feel the exact same way I did when I got the news this day every year. 

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KeriAZ
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:14 AM
I can't Ben imagine what you are going thru. My dad is still here but he's getting older now. Closest I have come is losing my brother 25 yrs ago. Still hurts but nit as much
. What hurts the most is losing my German Shepard in 2011.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kymom23
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Oh hon, I'm so sorry. It'll be 5 years July 18th when I lost my daddy. I could sit here and tell you that it gets better. And in some ways it has, other ways it hasn't. My dad and I used to have 2-3 phone conversations and I miss them terribly (we lived an hour from one another). Especially when something was going wrong in my life. My first thought is to daddy during those times.

This song has helped me get through:

It make you bawl your eyes out and I'm sorry for that, but sometimes that's what it takes. I heard this song a day or two after daddy died. I had to pull off onto the side of the road, I couldn't see the road for my tears. BUT I listen to it now when I get to missing him and it helps me realize that I can do this without him. He isn't physically here, but I will always carry him with me where ever I go. It took a long time to get to where I am right now. Lots of tears, anger for him leaving me, screaming and prayers. It's ok for you to miss your daddy. It's ok to cry.

If you want to talk or just need someone to listen to you, PM me. I'm not going to bed anytime soon. :)

groovymom99
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Wierd - I lost my mom on April 15, 2006.  Still haunts me every day.  But I will say it has gotten a little bit easier to deal with .....the pain is not as intense as it was seven years ago.

CocoBeen
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:24 AM

Its not every day. Just this day. Yes I miss him every day but this day is intense every year.

Quoting groovymom99:

Wierd - I lost my mom on April 15, 2006.  Still haunts me every day.  But I will say it has gotten a little bit easier to deal with .....the pain is not as intense as it was seven years ago.

JessT5280
by MileHigh Mom on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:27 AM
I think it gets easier, but the pain doesn't go away, just gets easier to manage. :(
I'm sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CocoBeen
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:29 AM

This song came out around the time my dad passed. I bawled at work when I heard it.

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:31 AM

I'm sorry.

Yes, it does get easier over time. I've lost almost every relative.    Once in awhile, the simplest thing happens and you experience a wave of grief.  A song.  A look between a child and a mother (or father).  It can be anything.

But over time, you get better able to handle it and go on, as the people who are gone would want you to do. 

CocoBeen
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:47 AM

kymom23
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know how religious you are, but this song helped me too.

armywife009
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:05 AM

I'm not sure that it gets easier, but you find ways to manage it.

Hugs to you. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)