Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Dh had a nervous breakdown due to work related stress and is now not working

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
For now we can get short term disability but after 30 days he'll be off he's pretty much flat out refusing to go back. I'm having to pull the kids from daycare. He says he's putting in resumes but his license is suspended. He wants to be a traveling notary and just work freelance. I'm so nervous he will never work and every time I bring it up he tells me I'm not the not the one who had a nervous breakdown. I'm thinking of moving the kids and I out ASAP. I can't live with a man who refuses to work a real job and provide for his family.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:34 AM
5 moms liked this

i dont blame him if he had a nervous breakdown due to stres....what would you like him to do? Go back and have another breakdown?  WHere's your support for him during this?  Apply for pa for now, til your dh can get his mental health back...if he doesn't get it back, he'll NEVER get a job...think about that.  Your marriage must not be that strong if you're ready to pack up the kids and leave cuz your dh is having a mental health crisis, and all you can think about is leaving....smh...he might be better off without you. 

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:34 AM
2 moms liked this
You are assuming
Maybe he does need a break, it doesnt mean he wont go back to work

You work?
If not. Time for you to go find a job
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:35 AM

Maybe he just needs some time. Like a week or two. Tell him to get off his lazy ass and look for a job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:35 AM
Yes I work and him not working has been a major issue in the past.

Quoting SnapIt:

You are assuming

Maybe he does need a break, it doesnt mean he wont go back to work

You work?

If not. Time for you to go find a job

3gr8tKids
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:36 AM
Wow. Sorry :(
This breakdown just happen? Mind if I ask what he was doing? Does he have a history of not wanting to work? Do you work, you mentioned preschool?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:37 AM

i take it you've never had a spouse who had a mental health crisis?? There's a LOT more to it than just telling someone to get off their lazy ass and get a job...

Quoting AF2011:

Maybe he just needs some time. Like a week or two. Tell him to get off his lazy ass and look for a job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:37 AM
I really wish u could be married to him. I work a job we won't qualify for pa and he's had issues in the past with refusal to work. He's made my life a living hell.

Quoting Anonymous:

i dont blame him if he had a nervous breakdown due to stres....what would you like him to do? Go back and have another breakdown?  WHere's your support for him during this?  Apply for pa for now, til your dh can get his mental health back...if he doesn't get it back, he'll NEVER get a job...think about that.  Your marriage must not be that strong if you're ready to pack up the kids and leave cuz your dh is having a mental health crisis, and all you can think about is leaving....smh...he might be better off without you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:38 AM
Yes I work and he has a history of not working. He gives me so much anxiety I'm liable to have my own mental breakdown.

Quoting 3gr8tKids:

Wow. Sorry :(

This breakdown just happen? Mind if I ask what he was doing? Does he have a history of not wanting to work? Do you work, you mentioned preschool?

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:39 AM

No actually never have. 

Quoting Anonymous:

i take it you've never had a spouse who had a mental health crisis?? There's a LOT more to it than just telling someone to get off their lazy ass and get a job...

Quoting AF2011:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)