Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I would hate my life if I was fat.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
As I laid on the couch this morning snuggling with my 3-year-old daughter, I realized how much I would hate my life if I was overweight/big.

At a mere 92 pounds, I can fit side by side on the couch with her and we both have more than enough room. I can fit through small spaces; people rarely have to move to let me by them. I eat whatever I want whenever I want - all day, every day, and don't gain a pound.

So now I'm curious if being overweight is really as bad as I think it is?
ETA: I am not a troll. I never said I was healthy OR fit. I have talked to doctors about my weight - moreso when I was at 84 pounds and couldn't gain weight no matter what I tried, and they said I was fine and as long as it didn't bother me too badly to be at that weight, I shouldn't worry about it. I do not have, and never have had, any sort of eating disorder. I am content at 92 pounds right now.

You guys are missing the point. I am asking if bigger people are miserable in their day-to-day lives.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Replies (591-598):
lashea727
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:02 AM
I want to be just like my friends cause they are skinny people, IM big person. I don't like my weight at all. I wish I was very skinny but IM lose the weight.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DebnDrew
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 6:53 AM

please highlite and post wherever it ws you saw me quote that you were the OP?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting DebnDrew:

are you listening to YOUR self? "Oh poor me, I cant gain enough weight and I have to eat constantly and cannot gain more than 90 pounds".....must be tough.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I would ignore her.....she just said there is something severely WRONG with her body. Her body is attacking itself. Maybe if I ha as much self loathing as she does, my body would attack itself too!

I know people who are 80 lbs, they are all either very sick, or bulimic.........lets just feel sorry for her and move on to people with valid things to say.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was quoting you for the comment you made about "Get off you ass and do something. Maybe your metabolism will actually work."  I could care less why you said it.  I am calling you out on it because it was wrong to say both in manners and science.  How is that taking something out of context?  Or, are you suddenly realizing how wrong you were? 

As for not giving "a shit" about my problems.  I am glad,  That way you have more time to worry about your own.  I could care less about you or what size you (or anyone) is.  If you have a problem, you deal with it.  I was just pointing out that you were wrong.  Plain and simple.  Attack me as much as you want.  Because, while I am trying to get better, you can't change your attitude and personality. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay just like people whose metabolism goes 100 mph there are people whose metabolisms don't. I happen to have Hashimoto's Thyroidotis. It is an autoimmune disease in which my body is attacking my thyroid. Ince the The thyroid gland controls how quickly the body uses energy, makes proteins and controls how sensitive the body is to other hormones, that is a big impact on metabolism. I am on massive amounts of synthroid a day trying to regulate it. I eat very healthy, exercise (treadmill and work with a personal trainer) and am quite healthy except for my weight. I get to a plateu and then have trouble jump starting everything past it. So, don't tell me that my metabolims doesn't work because I don't work out.

Oh, and before you say anything smart back, i have a graduate degree in Physiology so, if you want the lecture on the interaction of the endocrine system and metabolism, I am more than willing to go there.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL Do you actually believe there are people out there that cannot eat anything they want without being bulimic? LMAO Keep telling yourself that, Honey. I am 5'10, 130, have not exercised all winter and eat more than my husband who outweighs me by 100 pounds. Never had an eating disorder. Never stuck my finger down my throat. Just because your body is incapable of that does not mean you get to go around telling people they have severe mental illnesses. WTF is wrong with you? Is your jealousy so thick, that telling people they have mental issues gets you off or something? Make you feel better about being fat or having to work hard to not be fat? Get off you ass and do something. Maybe your metabolism will actually work.

So, you quote me, but you do not quote the woman I was reaming out for accusing OP of having a severe mental illness? Very convenient, lady. I did that in red so people would see how damn shady you are. Why do you put my quote into context, or do you know it will just make you look dumb. You will defend a bully and come after me? PATHETIC. Get a life. I do not give a shit about your problems, I give a shit that people like OP and I have suffered at the hands of people like you comments because it is perfectly acceptable in this society to call skinny women mental cases. UNREAL! W

So, it is not valid to call someone out for accusing someone of a mental illness? You people are off your damn rockers. This women, quoted me, after quoting someone else, who had been a nasty bitch to the OP. She left the original quote out, but go on and defend her. Another worthless bully. But, god help us if we tell an overweight person to get up and get motivated. Are you people listening to yourselves?

FFS, lady, I am not the OP. Can you ladies not figure out how this works? Does "Anon" have ORIGINAL POSTER after it? Nope. Don't you think if I were the OP, I would have refereed to myself as "ME" and "I" instead of OP? Is this really that complicated, ladies? And, maybe you should go find the original quote that I quote, that the person you are defending conveniently left out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:17 AM
5'2"

Quoting ktp111:

how tall are you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 71 on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Quoting DebnDrew:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting DebnDrew:

are you listening to YOUR self? "Oh poor me, I cant gain enough weight and I have to eat constantly and cannot gain more than 90 pounds".....must be tough.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I would ignore her.....she just said there is something severely WRONG with her body. Her body is attacking itself. Maybe if I ha as much self loathing as she does, my body would attack itself too!

I know people who are 80 lbs, they are all either very sick, or bulimic.........lets just feel sorry for her and move on to people with valid things to say.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was quoting you for the comment you made about "Get off you ass and do something. Maybe your metabolism will actually work."  I could care less why you said it.  I am calling you out on it because it was wrong to say both in manners and science.  How is that taking something out of context?  Or, are you suddenly realizing how wrong you were? 

As for not giving "a shit" about my problems.  I am glad,  That way you have more time to worry about your own.  I could care less about you or what size you (or anyone) is.  If you have a problem, you deal with it.  I was just pointing out that you were wrong.  Plain and simple.  Attack me as much as you want.  Because, while I am trying to get better, you can't change your attitude and personality. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay just like people whose metabolism goes 100 mph there are people whose metabolisms don't. I happen to have Hashimoto's Thyroidotis. It is an autoimmune disease in which my body is attacking my thyroid. Ince the The thyroid gland controls how quickly the body uses energy, makes proteins and controls how sensitive the body is to other hormones, that is a big impact on metabolism. I am on massive amounts of synthroid a day trying to regulate it. I eat very healthy, exercise (treadmill and work with a personal trainer) and am quite healthy except for my weight. I get to a plateu and then have trouble jump starting everything past it. So, don't tell me that my metabolims doesn't work because I don't work out.

Oh, and before you say anything smart back, i have a graduate degree in Physiology so, if you want the lecture on the interaction of the endocrine system and metabolism, I am more than willing to go there.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL Do you actually believe there are people out there that cannot eat anything they want without being bulimic? LMAO Keep telling yourself that, Honey. I am 5'10, 130, have not exercised all winter and eat more than my husband who outweighs me by 100 pounds. Never had an eating disorder. Never stuck my finger down my throat. Just because your body is incapable of that does not mean you get to go around telling people they have severe mental illnesses. WTF is wrong with you? Is your jealousy so thick, that telling people they have mental issues gets you off or something? Make you feel better about being fat or having to work hard to not be fat? Get off you ass and do something. Maybe your metabolism will actually work.

So, you quote me, but you do not quote the woman I was reaming out for accusing OP of having a severe mental illness? Very convenient, lady. I did that in red so people would see how damn shady you are. Why do you put my quote into context, or do you know it will just make you look dumb. You will defend a bully and come after me? PATHETIC. Get a life. I do not give a shit about your problems, I give a shit that people like OP and I have suffered at the hands of people like you comments because it is perfectly acceptable in this society to call skinny women mental cases. UNREAL! W

So, it is not valid to call someone out for accusing someone of a mental illness? You people are off your damn rockers. This women, quoted me, after quoting someone else, who had been a nasty bitch to the OP. She left the original quote out, but go on and defend her. Another worthless bully. But, god help us if we tell an overweight person to get up and get motivated. Are you people listening to yourselves?

FFS, lady, I am not the OP. Can you ladies not figure out how this works? Does "Anon" have ORIGINAL POSTER after it? Nope. Don't you think if I were the OP, I would have refereed to myself as "ME" and "I" instead of OP? Is this really that complicated, ladies? And, maybe you should go find the original quote that I quote, that the person you are defending conveniently left out.

Right there? Where did I whine about not being able to gain more than 90 pounds? That was the OP. It is OK, I know CM is hard for some of you to navigate as it takes more than two working brain cells.

DebnDrew
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:46 AM

and apparently you have to be a B*tch too.......youre doing great!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting DebnDrew:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting DebnDrew:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Right there? Where did I whine about not being able to gain more than 90 pounds? That was the OP. It is OK, I know CM is hard for some of you to navigate as it takes more than two working brain cells.

charityfaye
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Quoting allycally:

Im not miserable being a fattie, sometimes it sucks because when I go to the buffet all these Bitches be staring at my plates of food and shit :)

lol right screw em we paid for it at least we get our money's worth

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 12, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond to this post, although I don't think half of you even took the time to comprehend what I was actually saying and immediately got defensive...
Mrs.LSU
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 9:15 PM
This is a stupid post.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN