Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

who taught you how to drive?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Your dh, boyfriend, so,parents? N at which age?

Sadly I just got my permit at age 27. I was in a bad car accident n that kinda hunt me until my early 20s . recently couple of days ive been learning how to drive again. Its scary lol. My husband is teaching me. But I wish I could afford a driving class lol he has no patience
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Replies (21-30):
HappySAHMnWIFE
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:13 AM
High school drivers ed teacher at 15.

I taught myself manual at 18.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:14 AM

No one really. My dad taught me where the brakes, gas, and gears were and that's about it. I learned the rest on my own, but I did take a drivers ed class.

Mama_Dolly

my mom taught me... I would have got my learners at 15 (like normal...) but I dropped the class because of a guy.... so I HAD to take it in summer. (I was 16 by then...) I waited and practiced. and at 17 I took my drivers and failed... I coutd to practice until I was 21 when I finally took it again, and passed! I am now 23. and havent driven since the end of the summer I got it back in 2011.... (btw I was pregnant with my son at them time I got it too lol) 

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:14 AM

My uncle when I was 16.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I learned from a class they had at our high school.  And it was a pilot program from the state of CA (1972,yes, I"m old, lol).  10 weeks, every day, then they kept track of the number of tickets and accidents, and the miles driven (to prove you needed more than just a few hours).  The program was actually a huge success, but they cut it due to cost.  I was 16 and knock on wood, never been in an accident.  A few tickets, but only after I moved here to WA (literally, like all in the year after we moved) due to insanely low speed limits.

lilbit53009

my mom & dad taught me...i've been driving since the date i was elgible for my permit lol

redneckmama4
by Loree on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I totally understand. I had a terrible accident when I was 16 but didn't drive until just before my 21st birthday.

My ex I lived with at 16 taught me to drive a little but I really taught myself out of need when I was 20 and got my license at 21.

Gl mama! Just try to relax and just cruise.

Redneck hippie mama to four rowdy farm kids. My husband has tagged along my awesome journey for 14 years this month and we enjoy the simple and natural life. Ask about my rockin' blog giveaway...check it out!!

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM
My dad at 13. He has a farm so I learnes to drive in granny gear lol my school had a summer drivers class
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM
My dad taught me how to drive when I was 12. My parents have about 70 acres of land, so my dad would always let me drive around the property.
Ealane2011
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:16 AM

My cousin took me out and taught me when I got my temps at 15.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)