Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM's...

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:07 AM
  • 96 Replies
How the hell do u stay home all the time and not want to go on a killing spree. I have been out of work for about 5 weeks now, moved about a month ago, and believe you me, this is worst kind of hell. We are still a one car family because I haven't gone back east to get the other one yet and dh drives my truck to work, leaving me stuck until after 5.
I have watched all the spongebob and tom and jerry I can handle. I have baked cookies and all until I feel that I will go crazy. Not working outside the house suxxxx, bad.

How do yall do this, happily? Am I missing something awesome, aside from being with my kiddos all day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I stopped feeling guilty for not wanting to be SUPERMOM all the time and allow myself some freedoms at home.
Take up a hobby or two or three :) 

LovelyMommy24
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM
4 moms liked this
It took time getting used to, I once felt like that. Now I'm a home body and love to be here even when I don't need to be!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Well I'm not home all day, so I don't really get nuts.  Go get the other car.

Nee86
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM
I go for walks around my neighborhood. I stop and talk to my neighbors but I actually like my neighbors.
Eliots_momma
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM
We rarely stay home. We go see family and friends, go to the park, on walks, little day trips. To be honest I can't tell you the last time we sat at home all day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Frosting
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I don't think there's some big secret.  Some of us just enjoy it and don't feel stifled by it.  I've been married for 18 years and have been home for 12 of those years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I was really fortunate that I had a car at my disposal all 15 years I have been a SAHM so therefore, was never home!  I don't know what I would do in your situation.  Can you host a playgroup or somehow get together with other moms?

MamaRae85
by *you're on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I enjoy being home more than anywhere else. It's just different personalities and interests. If you're feeling a bit stir crazy, it's totally understandable if that's not what you like to do. I love staying home, but even I get cabin fever sometimes. lol You're not really missing anything if your interests are more "outside the house" ones. I hope you don't go insane, though! =) Good luck!

LovingSAHMommy
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:11 AM

It suits me. I like being in complete control of our schedule, and I hate having a boss to answer to. Being a sahm, I don't have to deal with that. We have three vehicles, though, so that makes a difference. I stay busy. We go all sorts of places. That's not to say that it isn't hard at times, bc it is, but I've figured out how to make it pretty fun. The hardest part for me isthe constant mess that having two young children at home creates.

LizLestrange
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:12 AM

It drives me nuts, I'm the type of person who needs to get outta the house. I don't have a car and I hate it. I would love to take my son to the park. Staying home all day makes me freakin angry :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)