Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you be freaked out too???? long but please read

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
We had work done in our yard ( some big dead trees needed cut down ) I'm always somewhat Leary of letting any hired workers see me and toddler dd bc u just never know . Well dh was home so we went out in the yard and I immediately recognised one of the worker's . He was a patient at a methadone clinic I briefly worked at as a counselor . He had a huge tatoo on his neck which is how I recognised him and so did another guy. Well I immediately was like oh no ( not to sound judgemental but I know how most of the ppl are at the methadone clinic a lot have some pretty lengthy criminal records ) NOT All but alot . So I was already scared of what if he tries to come back and break in or whatever. Dh paid a few thousand in cash to have the tree cut down ( we only had that much bc of taxes we don't normally have that much in cash at the house ) but it made me worry that they may think we have money.

Well anyways last night at 1130 pm dh was already asleep but I have trouble sleeping anyways so I was just laying there and I heard a man say something right outside our bedroom window . We live on over an acre so the I wouldn't hear our neighbors like that. I whispered to dh , did you hear that ? He was like yeah but I'm not sure what it was. I was like it was a man talking. He got up and got the gun but never saw anyone . My heart was beating so fast it made me sick . He still down plays it like its nothing but I think it's scary and strange this happens right after this man worked at our home . What do you think ?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QuirkyMom26
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Ewww! *shivers*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:01 PM
2 moms liked this
What do I think? I think you're a dumbass.
nbgg8687
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:02 PM
They probably cut a lot of trees and work at several different places. I'm sure they appreciate the work. And I'm sure they know its tax season... a lot of people do things during this time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

What do I think? I think you're a dumbass.

Wow Lol sorry if I offended you , u must be on methadone ! Or youre just a really crappy person but oh well either way. : )
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Quoting nbgg8687:

They probably cut a lot of trees and work at several different places. I'm sure they appreciate the work. And I'm sure they know its tax season... a lot of people do things during this time.

Very true , I just can't help but relate what I thought to hearing a man talking outside our window. But hopefully it was nothing
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:08 PM
5 moms liked this
I honestly think you are just being overly paranoid and you are hearing things. You have been stressing out about it since you recognized the guy so you brain is already "listening" for him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I think trying to relax and calm down would be a good idea, but I know that's easier said than done because I freak over things like that too.

Maybe get a dog that will bark if someone tries to intrude? That way at least you have a warning to hi or get your gun or whatever you're comfortable doing. Good luck!

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
You sure its not all in your head...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Quoting mlg1989:

I honestly think you are just being overly paranoid and you are hearing things. You have been stressing out about it since you recognized the guy so you brain is already "listening" for him.

Yeah but my dh was completely asleep as well and he agreed it sounded like a man saying a couple words to someone . It woke him up as well but he knew it freaked me out so he said it could of been anything . I would of agreed with u but for the fact my dh was awoke by it .
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Quoting Anonymous:
It couldve been the wind matrixing something? Or just an animal outside that made a noise and your brain is registering it as something else since you cant see it.

Not saying you DIDNT hear anything, you probably did. But like i said before you are already "listening" out for a man so when you heard a noise you couldnt quite make out clearly or see your brain will trick itself into thinking its a man voice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)